Deadline approaching for SBA disaster loans
by For the MBJ
Published: June 13,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The U.S. Small Business Administration is reminding homeowners, renters, businesses and non-profit organizations of the deadline to submit disaster loan applications for damages caused by the flooding that began May 3.
The deadline to file an SBA disaster loan application for physical damage is July 11, 2011.
The SBA urges those affected by the disaster to visit any Disaster Recovery Center located throughout the impacted area to obtain one-on-one assistance and information about the disaster assistance program. The SBA also encourages homeowners, renters and businesses who received applications to return their completed applications as quickly as possible.
To be considered for all forms of disaster assistance call the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) at 800-621-FEMA (3362), TTY 800-462-7585 for people with speech or hearing disabilities. The locations of Disaster Recovery Centers and the loan application process can be obtained by calling the Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 (800-877-8339 for people with speech or hearing disabilities) Monday through Friday, or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those affected by the disaster may apply for disaster loans from SBA’s website at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/.
The filing deadline to return applications for physical damage is July 11. The deadline to return economic injury applications is Feb. 13, 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders