Deadline approaching for SBA disaster loans
by For the MBJ
Published: June 13,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The U.S. Small Business Administration is reminding homeowners, renters, businesses and non-profit organizations of the deadline to submit disaster loan applications for damages caused by the flooding that began May 3.
The deadline to file an SBA disaster loan application for physical damage is July 11, 2011.
The SBA urges those affected by the disaster to visit any Disaster Recovery Center located throughout the impacted area to obtain one-on-one assistance and information about the disaster assistance program. The SBA also encourages homeowners, renters and businesses who received applications to return their completed applications as quickly as possible.
To be considered for all forms of disaster assistance call the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) at 800-621-FEMA (3362), TTY 800-462-7585 for people with speech or hearing disabilities. The locations of Disaster Recovery Centers and the loan application process can be obtained by calling the Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 (800-877-8339 for people with speech or hearing disabilities) Monday through Friday, or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those affected by the disaster may apply for disaster loans from SBA’s website at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/.
The filing deadline to return applications for physical damage is July 11. The deadline to return economic injury applications is Feb. 13, 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions