Deadline approaching for SBA disaster loans
by For the MBJ
Published: June 13,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The U.S. Small Business Administration is reminding homeowners, renters, businesses and non-profit organizations of the deadline to submit disaster loan applications for damages caused by the flooding that began May 3.
The deadline to file an SBA disaster loan application for physical damage is July 11, 2011.
The SBA urges those affected by the disaster to visit any Disaster Recovery Center located throughout the impacted area to obtain one-on-one assistance and information about the disaster assistance program. The SBA also encourages homeowners, renters and businesses who received applications to return their completed applications as quickly as possible.
To be considered for all forms of disaster assistance call the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) at 800-621-FEMA (3362), TTY 800-462-7585 for people with speech or hearing disabilities. The locations of Disaster Recovery Centers and the loan application process can be obtained by calling the Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 (800-877-8339 for people with speech or hearing disabilities) Monday through Friday, or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those affected by the disaster may apply for disaster loans from SBA’s website at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/.
The filing deadline to return applications for physical damage is July 11. The deadline to return economic injury applications is Feb. 13, 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location