Deadline approaching for SBA disaster loans
by For the MBJ
Published: June 13,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The U.S. Small Business Administration is reminding homeowners, renters, businesses and non-profit organizations of the deadline to submit disaster loan applications for damages caused by the flooding that began May 3.
The deadline to file an SBA disaster loan application for physical damage is July 11, 2011.
The SBA urges those affected by the disaster to visit any Disaster Recovery Center located throughout the impacted area to obtain one-on-one assistance and information about the disaster assistance program. The SBA also encourages homeowners, renters and businesses who received applications to return their completed applications as quickly as possible.
To be considered for all forms of disaster assistance call the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) at 800-621-FEMA (3362), TTY 800-462-7585 for people with speech or hearing disabilities. The locations of Disaster Recovery Centers and the loan application process can be obtained by calling the Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 (800-877-8339 for people with speech or hearing disabilities) Monday through Friday, or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Those affected by the disaster may apply for disaster loans from SBA’s website at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/.
The filing deadline to return applications for physical damage is July 11. The deadline to return economic injury applications is Feb. 13, 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training