Parsons designing new SR 9 connector to Toyota
by For the MBJ
Published: June 13,2011
PONTOTOC COUNTY— The Mississippi Department of Transportation has selected the Pasadena, Calif.-based construction firm Parsons as the lead designer for the $90-million design-build of a new alignment of SR 9 in Pontotoc County. Parsons will be a part of a team led by Eutaw Construction.
Working with an accelerated project delivery method, Parsons will be responsible for the design and design management of 9.5 miles of a new four-lane divided roadway on new alignment from SR 6 in Pontotoc to U.S. 78 in Sherman. The schedule for this contract is extremely aggressive, with completion expected within 17 months.
The project provides a direct connection between the new Toyota plant at Blue Springs and a major federal highway, built in support of the Federal Highway Administration-sponsored “Every Day Counts” initiative.
Tom Barron, Parsons Group president, said, “We have won four recent design-build contracts in the state, which speaks for our success with this delivery method.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Community Bank names new officers
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County