Parsons designing new SR 9 connector to Toyota
by For the MBJ
Published: June 13,2011
PONTOTOC COUNTY— The Mississippi Department of Transportation has selected the Pasadena, Calif.-based construction firm Parsons as the lead designer for the $90-million design-build of a new alignment of SR 9 in Pontotoc County. Parsons will be a part of a team led by Eutaw Construction.
Working with an accelerated project delivery method, Parsons will be responsible for the design and design management of 9.5 miles of a new four-lane divided roadway on new alignment from SR 6 in Pontotoc to U.S. 78 in Sherman. The schedule for this contract is extremely aggressive, with completion expected within 17 months.
The project provides a direct connection between the new Toyota plant at Blue Springs and a major federal highway, built in support of the Federal Highway Administration-sponsored “Every Day Counts” initiative.
Tom Barron, Parsons Group president, said, “We have won four recent design-build contracts in the state, which speaks for our success with this delivery method.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency