Parsons designing new SR 9 connector to Toyota
by For the MBJ
Published: June 13,2011
PONTOTOC COUNTY— The Mississippi Department of Transportation has selected the Pasadena, Calif.-based construction firm Parsons as the lead designer for the $90-million design-build of a new alignment of SR 9 in Pontotoc County. Parsons will be a part of a team led by Eutaw Construction.
Working with an accelerated project delivery method, Parsons will be responsible for the design and design management of 9.5 miles of a new four-lane divided roadway on new alignment from SR 6 in Pontotoc to U.S. 78 in Sherman. The schedule for this contract is extremely aggressive, with completion expected within 17 months.
The project provides a direct connection between the new Toyota plant at Blue Springs and a major federal highway, built in support of the Federal Highway Administration-sponsored “Every Day Counts” initiative.
Tom Barron, Parsons Group president, said, “We have won four recent design-build contracts in the state, which speaks for our success with this delivery method.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending