Parsons designing new SR 9 connector to Toyota
by For the MBJ
Published: June 13,2011
PONTOTOC COUNTY— The Mississippi Department of Transportation has selected the Pasadena, Calif.-based construction firm Parsons as the lead designer for the $90-million design-build of a new alignment of SR 9 in Pontotoc County. Parsons will be a part of a team led by Eutaw Construction.
Working with an accelerated project delivery method, Parsons will be responsible for the design and design management of 9.5 miles of a new four-lane divided roadway on new alignment from SR 6 in Pontotoc to U.S. 78 in Sherman. The schedule for this contract is extremely aggressive, with completion expected within 17 months.
The project provides a direct connection between the new Toyota plant at Blue Springs and a major federal highway, built in support of the Federal Highway Administration-sponsored “Every Day Counts” initiative.
Tom Barron, Parsons Group president, said, “We have won four recent design-build contracts in the state, which speaks for our success with this delivery method.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring