FDA approves Cypress’ new cold medicines
by For the MBJ
Published: June 14,2011
MADISON — Cypress Pharmaceutical announced the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved a new drug application (NDA) for Zutripro (hydrocodone bitartrate, chlorpheniramine maleate and pseudoephedrine HCl) Oral Solution (CIII) and Rezira (hydrocodone bitartrate and pseudoephedrine HCl) Oral Solution (CIII).
Both products are indicated for the relief of cough and symptoms associated with the common cold.
Zutripro and Rezira Oral Solutions are the only FDA-approved hydrocodone cough and cold combinations containing a nasal decongestant . The approval of Zutripro and Rezira Oral Solutions marks the first NDA approval by the FDA for a liquid hydrocodone cough medication since 19901.
These products will be marketed by Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals, a subsidiary of Cypress Pharmaceutical Inc.
“Currently, there are very few prescription products for patients suffering from cough and the symptoms associated with the common cold,” said Chris Smith, executive vice president of sales for Hawthorn.
Zutripro and Rezira Oral Solutions are available through all national drug wholesalers, as well as chain drug stores and other distribution channels and will begin shipping immediately. Zutripro and Rezira Oral Solutions are available by prescription only in the United States.
Source: Cypress Pharmaceutical
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “FDA approves Cypress’ new cold medicines”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case