FDA approves Cypress’ new cold medicines
by For the MBJ
Published: June 14,2011
MADISON — Cypress Pharmaceutical announced the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved a new drug application (NDA) for Zutripro (hydrocodone bitartrate, chlorpheniramine maleate and pseudoephedrine HCl) Oral Solution (CIII) and Rezira (hydrocodone bitartrate and pseudoephedrine HCl) Oral Solution (CIII).
Both products are indicated for the relief of cough and symptoms associated with the common cold.
Zutripro and Rezira Oral Solutions are the only FDA-approved hydrocodone cough and cold combinations containing a nasal decongestant . The approval of Zutripro and Rezira Oral Solutions marks the first NDA approval by the FDA for a liquid hydrocodone cough medication since 19901.
These products will be marketed by Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals, a subsidiary of Cypress Pharmaceutical Inc.
“Currently, there are very few prescription products for patients suffering from cough and the symptoms associated with the common cold,” said Chris Smith, executive vice president of sales for Hawthorn.
Zutripro and Rezira Oral Solutions are available through all national drug wholesalers, as well as chain drug stores and other distribution channels and will begin shipping immediately. Zutripro and Rezira Oral Solutions are available by prescription only in the United States.
Source: Cypress Pharmaceutical
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “FDA approves Cypress’ new cold medicines”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren