MSE chooses Savage to operate transload facility
HELENA — Savage Companies of Salt Lake City, Utah, and the Mississippi Export Railroad (MSE) have entered into a preliminary agreement under which Savage will operate a multi-user transload facility owned by MSE in Helena.
The new facility is located approximately 15 miles north of Pascagoula and within close proximity to four major ports, including Pascagoula, Mobile, Gulfport and New Orleans. The facility has easy access to Interstate 10 and Highway 63. The facility is a secure site with 40 active transload car spots, houses a 40,000 square foot warehouse with rail access, and is zoned for light industrial use.
The facility is served by the MSE, which interchanges with the CN in Evanston, CSXT in Pascagoula and can access the KCS and NS.
Savage and MSE are currently in discussions with potential customers to use the Transload Facility.
Savage is a North American leader in providing services to chemical, railroad, electric power generation, coal mining and oil refining customers. Savage operates over 40 transload facilities, which specialize in handling a diverse range of chemicals, resins, fuels and other industrial commodities. Savage has 145 operations in 36 US states and five Canadian provinces.
Headquartered in Moss Point, MSE is a 42-mile short line railroad located in Mississippi extending from Evanston to Pascagoula. It is the north-south corridor connecting the Canadian National Railroad (CN) and the east-west line of CSX Transportation (CSXT). MSE also connects to the Norfolk Southern (NS) in Mobile, Ala., and Hattiesburg and Kansas City Southern (KCS) in Jackson through haulage agreements. These connections and their alliances link the Gulf of Mexico to all points on the continent. MSE’s track can accommodate unit trains with loads up to 315,000 pounds per car, and has track space for railcar storage of all types.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody