MSE chooses Savage to operate transload facility
HELENA — Savage Companies of Salt Lake City, Utah, and the Mississippi Export Railroad (MSE) have entered into a preliminary agreement under which Savage will operate a multi-user transload facility owned by MSE in Helena.
The new facility is located approximately 15 miles north of Pascagoula and within close proximity to four major ports, including Pascagoula, Mobile, Gulfport and New Orleans. The facility has easy access to Interstate 10 and Highway 63. The facility is a secure site with 40 active transload car spots, houses a 40,000 square foot warehouse with rail access, and is zoned for light industrial use.
The facility is served by the MSE, which interchanges with the CN in Evanston, CSXT in Pascagoula and can access the KCS and NS.
Savage and MSE are currently in discussions with potential customers to use the Transload Facility.
Savage is a North American leader in providing services to chemical, railroad, electric power generation, coal mining and oil refining customers. Savage operates over 40 transload facilities, which specialize in handling a diverse range of chemicals, resins, fuels and other industrial commodities. Savage has 145 operations in 36 US states and five Canadian provinces.
Headquartered in Moss Point, MSE is a 42-mile short line railroad located in Mississippi extending from Evanston to Pascagoula. It is the north-south corridor connecting the Canadian National Railroad (CN) and the east-west line of CSX Transportation (CSXT). MSE also connects to the Norfolk Southern (NS) in Mobile, Ala., and Hattiesburg and Kansas City Southern (KCS) in Jackson through haulage agreements. These connections and their alliances link the Gulf of Mexico to all points on the continent. MSE’s track can accommodate unit trains with loads up to 315,000 pounds per car, and has track space for railcar storage of all types.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring