Flood disaster assistance deadline approaching
by For the MBJ
Published: June 15,2011
WEST MISSISSIPPI — The deadline for Mississippi flood disaster survivors to register for federal disaster assistance is July 11.
Homeowners, renters and business owners who suffered losses in the flooding that began May 3 and live in the 14 declared counties may be eligible for housing assistance grants that include funds to rent a place to live while rebuilding; minor home repairs to make a home safe, sanitary and functional; and replace essential household items not covered by insurance.
Other types of grants may be available to replace personal property and help in meeting medical, dental, transportation and other serious disaster-related needs not covered by insurance or other federal, state and charitable-aid programs.
The declared counties are Adams, Bolivar, Claiborne, Coahoma, DeSoto, Humphreys, Issaquena, Jefferson, Sharkey, Tunica, Warren, Washington, Wilkinson and Yazoo.
Assistance for eligible survivors can include grants for temporary housing and home repairs, low-cost loans to cover uninsured property losses, medical and burial expenses and other programs to help individuals and business owners recover from the effects of the disaster.
Registration can be done one of two ways: by calling FEMA at 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or TTY 1-800-462-7585; or by going online, at www.disasterassistance.gov.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Flood disaster assistance deadline approaching”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO