Hancock Fabrics reports decreased sales, loss
BALDWYN — Hancock Fabrics Inc., for its first quarter ended April 30, saw net sales of $62.0 million, compared to $63.1 million for the first quarter of last year. Comparable store sales decreased 1.3 percent, compared to a 2.0 percent decrease in the first quarter of last year.
The operating loss for the quarter was $1.0 million, compared to break-even for the previous year’s first quarter.
Adjusted EBITDA totaled $600,000, a decrease of $1.0 million over the first quarter of fiscal 2010.
Steven R. Morgan, interim president and CEO, said, “Our first quarter results were impacted by the investment required to focus on the areas we outlined at the end of the fiscal year. We have made significant progress during the quarter in improving our store presentation, refining our craft business, refocusing our merchandise organization and expanding our replenishment process. We have also undertaken the liquidation of our aged products. While these activities have come at an initial short term cost, we are positioning our organization for improved fall and winter seasons.”
Source: Hancock Fabrics
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location