Hancock Fabrics reports decreased sales, loss
BALDWYN — Hancock Fabrics Inc., for its first quarter ended April 30, saw net sales of $62.0 million, compared to $63.1 million for the first quarter of last year. Comparable store sales decreased 1.3 percent, compared to a 2.0 percent decrease in the first quarter of last year.
The operating loss for the quarter was $1.0 million, compared to break-even for the previous year’s first quarter.
Adjusted EBITDA totaled $600,000, a decrease of $1.0 million over the first quarter of fiscal 2010.
Steven R. Morgan, interim president and CEO, said, “Our first quarter results were impacted by the investment required to focus on the areas we outlined at the end of the fiscal year. We have made significant progress during the quarter in improving our store presentation, refining our craft business, refocusing our merchandise organization and expanding our replenishment process. We have also undertaken the liquidation of our aged products. While these activities have come at an initial short term cost, we are positioning our organization for improved fall and winter seasons.”
Source: Hancock Fabrics
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren