Mississippi State merges two more units
by For the MBJ
Published: June 15,2011
STARKVILLE — Mississippi State University’s Entrepreneurship Center and Office of Technology Commercialization now are merged in a move designed to enhance the university’s relationships with business and industry.
The new Office of Entrepreneurship and Technology Transfer continues efforts to boost efficiency and the land-grant institution’s efforts to capture, protect, manage and accelerate the commercialization of university-owned and student-generated intellectual property. The property stems from new ideas, inventions, software and creative works generated by research and other scholarly activities.
“The new structure increases synergy between our tech transfer and entrepreneurship programs and will facilitate the transition of intellectual property from faculty, staff and students to the marketplace,” said David Shaw, vice president for research and economic development.
Gerald Nelson has been named OETT director. A Mississippi State alumnus, he has a wide range of management and business development experience, including leadership of the university’s Thad Cochran Endowment for Entrepreneurship and the Jack Hatcher Entrepreneurship Program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Mississippi State merges two more units”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form