Huntington Ingalls lands Navy destroyer contract
Published: June 16,2011
PASCAGOULA — Huntington Ingalls Industries Inc. has been awarded a design and construction contract for an Arleigh Burke-class destroyer for the U.S. Navy.
The guided missile destroyer will be built at the Ingalls Shipbuilding yard at Pascagoula. Huntington Ingalls said Wednesday that the contract includes the potential award of up to three additional ships.
A price was not disclosed.
The latest ship — known as DDG 113 — will be the 29th Arleigh Burke-class destroyer built by Ingalls.
Huntington Ingalls was recently spun off by Northrop Grumman Corp.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)