RealtyTrac: State’s foreclosures down sharply
by Associated Press
Published: June 16,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Homes hit by foreclosure filings dropped sharply last month in Mississippi.
Irvine, Calif.-based RealtyTrac says that 185 homes received some sort of foreclosure action in May. That’s down 48.8 percent from April and 48.3 percent from May 2010.
But it was the end of the line for those homeowners. RealtyTrac says that 140 homes were taken back by lenders and 45 others were scheduled for foreclosure sales. Those actions hit one in every 6,930 housing units, ranking the state 47th in the United States.
Nationally, foreclosure actions were aimed at 214,927 properties, or one in every 605 housing units. That was a 2 percent decrease from April and a 33 percent decrease from May 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Board continues to negotiate with propsective hospital buyers
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center