RealtyTrac: State’s foreclosures down sharply
Published: June 16,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Homes hit by foreclosure filings dropped sharply last month in Mississippi.
Irvine, Calif.-based RealtyTrac says that 185 homes received some sort of foreclosure action in May. That’s down 48.8 percent from April and 48.3 percent from May 2010.
But it was the end of the line for those homeowners. RealtyTrac says that 140 homes were taken back by lenders and 45 others were scheduled for foreclosure sales. Those actions hit one in every 6,930 housing units, ranking the state 47th in the United States.
Nationally, foreclosure actions were aimed at 214,927 properties, or one in every 605 housing units. That was a 2 percent decrease from April and a 33 percent decrease from May 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility