RealtyTrac: State’s foreclosures down sharply
Published: June 16,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Homes hit by foreclosure filings dropped sharply last month in Mississippi.
Irvine, Calif.-based RealtyTrac says that 185 homes received some sort of foreclosure action in May. That’s down 48.8 percent from April and 48.3 percent from May 2010.
But it was the end of the line for those homeowners. RealtyTrac says that 140 homes were taken back by lenders and 45 others were scheduled for foreclosure sales. Those actions hit one in every 6,930 housing units, ranking the state 47th in the United States.
Nationally, foreclosure actions were aimed at 214,927 properties, or one in every 605 housing units. That was a 2 percent decrease from April and a 33 percent decrease from May 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill