RealtyTrac: State’s foreclosures down sharply
by Associated Press
Published: June 16,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Homes hit by foreclosure filings dropped sharply last month in Mississippi.
Irvine, Calif.-based RealtyTrac says that 185 homes received some sort of foreclosure action in May. That’s down 48.8 percent from April and 48.3 percent from May 2010.
But it was the end of the line for those homeowners. RealtyTrac says that 140 homes were taken back by lenders and 45 others were scheduled for foreclosure sales. Those actions hit one in every 6,930 housing units, ranking the state 47th in the United States.
Nationally, foreclosure actions were aimed at 214,927 properties, or one in every 605 housing units. That was a 2 percent decrease from April and a 33 percent decrease from May 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Appeals panel rules against town in race discrimination case
- Entrepreneurs want ordinance change to add micro-brewery