RealtyTrac: State’s foreclosures down sharply
Published: June 16,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Homes hit by foreclosure filings dropped sharply last month in Mississippi.
Irvine, Calif.-based RealtyTrac says that 185 homes received some sort of foreclosure action in May. That’s down 48.8 percent from April and 48.3 percent from May 2010.
But it was the end of the line for those homeowners. RealtyTrac says that 140 homes were taken back by lenders and 45 others were scheduled for foreclosure sales. Those actions hit one in every 6,930 housing units, ranking the state 47th in the United States.
Nationally, foreclosure actions were aimed at 214,927 properties, or one in every 605 housing units. That was a 2 percent decrease from April and a 33 percent decrease from May 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- MARK BLACKWELL: Cyber security insurance perhaps?