Mood, Carr promoted
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 19,2011
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has appointed Amy Mood to assistant chief engineer – preconstruction. Mood is a 17-year employee with MDOT.
She, who recently served as assistant Roadway Design Division engineer, will be responsible for coordinating the engineering processes necessary to deliver projects to the construction phase.
A native of Tupelo, Mood is a 1991 graduate of Mississippi State University where she received her bachelor of science degree in civil engineering. She began her career at MDOT in 1994 as a member of the Bridge Division.
Mood is a member of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, is a certified public manager,.
She resides in Rankin County with her husband, Chris, who is the assistant division engineer of MDOT’s Transportation Information Division.
MDOT has also appointed Keith Carr to state bridge engineer. In his previous position as assistant state bridge engineer, Carr coordinated bridge design and scheduling for replacement, maintenance and rehabilitation bridge projects.
Carr attended Mississippi State University and graduated cum laude with a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering. Since beginning work with the department in 1988, he has held several positions while working in MDOT’s Bridge Division in Jackson, including design section engineer, senior design section engineer, chief bridge design engineer and assistant state bridge engineer.
Carr resides in Pearl with his wife, Patty and three daughters, Lacey, Megan and Alyssa.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software