Morehead headed to MC
An award-winning Delta State University professor and a Mississippi Baptist leader, Billy Morehead will join the Mississippi College School of Business faculty in August.
The Greenville native serves as Delta State’s chairman of Accountancy, Computer Information Systems and Finance. Morehead has worked at DSU in other roles, including vice president for finance and administration and interim dean of the College of Business.
Prior to joining the Delta State faculty 11 years ago, Morehead worked for the Mississippi Department of Mental Health for 10 years as CFO of two state hospital facilities. He served as the 60th national president of the Association of Government Accountants in 2009-2010 that put him on the road for a slew of association meetings from Phoenix to Seattle to Washington, D.C. Earlier in his career, he worked in the state Department of Finance and Administration and in the Mississippi State Auditor’s Office.
Morehead received a bachelor’s degree in business in accounting from Delta State, a master’s in accountancy from Millsaps College and a doctorate in international development from the University of Southern Mississippi.
A deacon at First Baptist Church Cleveland, Morehead and his wife, Audrey, are relocating to the metro Jackson area.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand