MSAE holds elections
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 19,2011
Tags: Amy Wilson, Carol Hardwick, Christine McInnis, Dan Gleason, Donna Yowell, Kristen Brock, Larry Houchins, Layne Bruce, Mark Leggett, Mary Sampson, Mike Pepper, Mississippi Society of Association Executives, Ricki Garrett, Selah Havard, Shari Veazey
The chief executive of the state newspaper association has been elected president of the Mississippi Society of Association Executives. Layne Bruce, 38, of Madison, is executive director of the Mississippi Press Association and will serve a two-year term as president of MSAE.
He first joined the MSAE board in 2008. A career newspaper professional, Bruce joined the press association in 2006 and was named executive director in 2007. He has previously served as a reporter, editor and publisher of newspapers in Mississippi and Kentucky.
Other officers elected to serve with MSAE include vice president Shari Veazey, deputy director of the Mississippi Municipal League; treasurer Dan Gleason, CEO of Associated Risk Managers South; secretary Ricki Garrett, executive director of the Mississippi Nurses Association; and, immediate past president Mike Pepper, executive director of the Mississippi Roadbuilders Association.
Elected to two-year terms on the board were Mark Leggett, executive director of the Mississippi Poultry Association, and Larry Houchins, executive director of the Mississippi Bar Association.
Associate members elected to two-year terms were Selah Havard of the Natchez Convention and Visitors Bureau and Mary Sampson of the Hilton Jackson.
Other board members currently serving include Carol Hardwick, executive director of the Mississippi Economic Development Council; Donna Yowell, executive director of the Mississippi Urban Forest Council; Christine McInnis of the Jackson Convention and Visitors Bureau; and, Kristen Brock of VisitHattiesburg.
Amy Wilson is executive director for MSAE.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “MSAE holds elections”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody