Commission drafts Convention Center District plan
Published: June 20,2011
BILOXI — Coast Coliseum Commission members have drafted a Convention Center District master plan that they expect to recommend to city planners by the end of summer.
The Sun Herald reports coliseum director Bill Holmes showed the plan to members yesterday at the Commission’s monthly meeting. In the first draft, the commission will recommend the area around a proposed extended roadway from Pass Road to U.S. 90 be zoned to attract businesses that would compliment the coliseum and Convention Center.
The Commission will recommend that after the extension is built, the area around it should be limited to certain types of businesses. They propose retail shops and restaurants at Popp’s Ferry and Pass Road, retail only north of the railroad tracks and hotel development only at U.S. 90.
Source: The Sun Herald
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force