Commission drafts Convention Center District plan
Published: June 20,2011
BILOXI — Coast Coliseum Commission members have drafted a Convention Center District master plan that they expect to recommend to city planners by the end of summer.
The Sun Herald reports coliseum director Bill Holmes showed the plan to members yesterday at the Commission’s monthly meeting. In the first draft, the commission will recommend the area around a proposed extended roadway from Pass Road to U.S. 90 be zoned to attract businesses that would compliment the coliseum and Convention Center.
The Commission will recommend that after the extension is built, the area around it should be limited to certain types of businesses. They propose retail shops and restaurants at Popp’s Ferry and Pass Road, retail only north of the railroad tracks and hotel development only at U.S. 90.
Source: The Sun Herald
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training