Commission drafts Convention Center District plan
Published: June 20,2011
BILOXI — Coast Coliseum Commission members have drafted a Convention Center District master plan that they expect to recommend to city planners by the end of summer.
The Sun Herald reports coliseum director Bill Holmes showed the plan to members yesterday at the Commission’s monthly meeting. In the first draft, the commission will recommend the area around a proposed extended roadway from Pass Road to U.S. 90 be zoned to attract businesses that would compliment the coliseum and Convention Center.
The Commission will recommend that after the extension is built, the area around it should be limited to certain types of businesses. They propose retail shops and restaurants at Popp’s Ferry and Pass Road, retail only north of the railroad tracks and hotel development only at U.S. 90.
Source: The Sun Herald
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar