Commission drafts Convention Center District plan
Published: June 20,2011
BILOXI — Coast Coliseum Commission members have drafted a Convention Center District master plan that they expect to recommend to city planners by the end of summer.
The Sun Herald reports coliseum director Bill Holmes showed the plan to members yesterday at the Commission’s monthly meeting. In the first draft, the commission will recommend the area around a proposed extended roadway from Pass Road to U.S. 90 be zoned to attract businesses that would compliment the coliseum and Convention Center.
The Commission will recommend that after the extension is built, the area around it should be limited to certain types of businesses. They propose retail shops and restaurants at Popp’s Ferry and Pass Road, retail only north of the railroad tracks and hotel development only at U.S. 90.
Source: The Sun Herald
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete