Commission drafts Convention Center District plan
Published: June 20,2011
BILOXI — Coast Coliseum Commission members have drafted a Convention Center District master plan that they expect to recommend to city planners by the end of summer.
The Sun Herald reports coliseum director Bill Holmes showed the plan to members yesterday at the Commission’s monthly meeting. In the first draft, the commission will recommend the area around a proposed extended roadway from Pass Road to U.S. 90 be zoned to attract businesses that would compliment the coliseum and Convention Center.
The Commission will recommend that after the extension is built, the area around it should be limited to certain types of businesses. They propose retail shops and restaurants at Popp’s Ferry and Pass Road, retail only north of the railroad tracks and hotel development only at U.S. 90.
Source: The Sun Herald
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location