County approves loan for steel plant upgrades
Published: June 20,2011
LOWNDES COUNTY — Lowndes County has approved a $250,000 loan for Mississippi Steel Processing and New Process Steel to continue infrastructure improvements at the county’s industrial park.
The county received a Community Development Block Grant from the Mississippi Development Authority for roads, water, sewer and rail projects.
The $250,000 will be borrowed from the state to continue the work. It will be repaid by MSP, which is located on the Severstal campus in the industrial park.
Since opening earlier this year, MSP has rolled along announcing four future expansions and jobs.
The steel processor cuts the materials to size for customers.
The expansions will be for railroad, storage and a second slitting line in the MSP facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager