Death on the half-shell: Flood could kill 90 percent of state’s oysters
Published: June 20,2011
Another major disaster is facing Mississippi, and this one could totally wipe out Mississippi’s oysters. If that happens it could be months — perhaps years — before another oyster is harvested in Mississippi waters.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case
- MSU-CVM professor leads major reference publication
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways