Mexican conglomerate to buy Coast plant
Published: June 20,2011
BAY ST. LOUIS — DAK Americas LLC has agreed to buy Wellman Inc.’s PET plastics plant in Bay St. Louis for $185 million.
DAK Americas is a unit of Mexican conglomerate Alfa SAB. The company announced the deal June 16, according to the Mississippi Press. The purchase amount includes a cash payment and assumption of some liabilities.
The 165-worker plant in the Port Bienville Industrial Park has the capacity to make 430,000 tons a year of PET, a plastic resin used to make drink bottles and other items.
The deal is expected to close in the second half of 2011, pending regulatory approval, said DAK, based in Charlotte, N.C.
Source: Mississippi Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Mexican conglomerate to buy Coast plant”
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House