Mexican conglomerate to buy Coast plant
Published: June 20,2011
BAY ST. LOUIS — DAK Americas LLC has agreed to buy Wellman Inc.’s PET plastics plant in Bay St. Louis for $185 million.
DAK Americas is a unit of Mexican conglomerate Alfa SAB. The company announced the deal June 16, according to the Mississippi Press. The purchase amount includes a cash payment and assumption of some liabilities.
The 165-worker plant in the Port Bienville Industrial Park has the capacity to make 430,000 tons a year of PET, a plastic resin used to make drink bottles and other items.
The deal is expected to close in the second half of 2011, pending regulatory approval, said DAK, based in Charlotte, N.C.
Source: Mississippi Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Mexican conglomerate to buy Coast plant”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015