Mexican conglomerate to buy Coast plant
Published: June 20,2011
BAY ST. LOUIS — DAK Americas LLC has agreed to buy Wellman Inc.’s PET plastics plant in Bay St. Louis for $185 million.
DAK Americas is a unit of Mexican conglomerate Alfa SAB. The company announced the deal June 16, according to the Mississippi Press. The purchase amount includes a cash payment and assumption of some liabilities.
The 165-worker plant in the Port Bienville Industrial Park has the capacity to make 430,000 tons a year of PET, a plastic resin used to make drink bottles and other items.
The deal is expected to close in the second half of 2011, pending regulatory approval, said DAK, based in Charlotte, N.C.
Source: Mississippi Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Mexican conglomerate to buy Coast plant”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal