Mexican conglomerate to buy Coast plant
Published: June 20,2011
BAY ST. LOUIS — DAK Americas LLC has agreed to buy Wellman Inc.’s PET plastics plant in Bay St. Louis for $185 million.
DAK Americas is a unit of Mexican conglomerate Alfa SAB. The company announced the deal June 16, according to the Mississippi Press. The purchase amount includes a cash payment and assumption of some liabilities.
The 165-worker plant in the Port Bienville Industrial Park has the capacity to make 430,000 tons a year of PET, a plastic resin used to make drink bottles and other items.
The deal is expected to close in the second half of 2011, pending regulatory approval, said DAK, based in Charlotte, N.C.
Source: Mississippi Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Mexican conglomerate to buy Coast plant”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Chevron U.S.A.'s base oil facility begins production
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Corn growers watch bear market eat profits
- Chinese drywall manufacturer fined, banned from doing business in U.S.