Mexican conglomerate to buy Coast plant
by Associated Press
Published: June 20,2011
BAY ST. LOUIS — DAK Americas LLC has agreed to buy Wellman Inc.’s PET plastics plant in Bay St. Louis for $185 million.
DAK Americas is a unit of Mexican conglomerate Alfa SAB. The company announced the deal June 16, according to the Mississippi Press. The purchase amount includes a cash payment and assumption of some liabilities.
The 165-worker plant in the Port Bienville Industrial Park has the capacity to make 430,000 tons a year of PET, a plastic resin used to make drink bottles and other items.
The deal is expected to close in the second half of 2011, pending regulatory approval, said DAK, based in Charlotte, N.C.
Source: Mississippi Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Mexican conglomerate to buy Coast plant”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data