State’s jobless rate fell slightly in May
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s unemployment rate fell slightly in May.
The U.S. Labor Department said that the latest seasonally adjusted jobless rate was 10.3 percent, down from 10.4 percent in April. In May 2010, the unemployment rate stood at 10.4 percent.
The national rate for May was 9.1 percent.
Mississippi was among 24 states that saw declines in their jobless rates. Thirteen states and the District of Columbia recorded increases last month. Thirteen states were unchanged.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics