Tort Reform: Waiting game begins for damages cap fight
by Clay Chandler
Published: June 20,2011
Tags: tort reform
The Mississippi Supreme Court last week heard oral arguments about the constitutionality of the state’s $1 million cap on non-economic damages in civil cases.
It’s a case whose decision will affect with equal extreme Mississippi’s business community and its plaintiffs’ bar.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Nullification and interposition
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge