Tort Reform: Waiting game begins for damages cap fight
by Clay Chandler
Published: June 20,2011
Tags: tort reform
The Mississippi Supreme Court last week heard oral arguments about the constitutionality of the state’s $1 million cap on non-economic damages in civil cases.
It’s a case whose decision will affect with equal extreme Mississippi’s business community and its plaintiffs’ bar.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast