Town getting ‘replacement’ bank for BancorpSouth
ECRU — The Town of Ecru won’t be without a bank after all.
Last month, Tupelo-based BancorpSouth said it was closing 23 branches this fall in six states to improve efficiency. One of those was the branch in Ecru, the town’s only bank.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal says the First National Bank of Pontotoc has announced it will fill the void.
First National Bank president Buddy Montgomery says a temporary bank should open by the middle of August. He says a new bank will be built once a location is found.
Source: The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)