Town getting ‘replacement’ bank for BancorpSouth
ECRU — The Town of Ecru won’t be without a bank after all.
Last month, Tupelo-based BancorpSouth said it was closing 23 branches this fall in six states to improve efficiency. One of those was the branch in Ecru, the town’s only bank.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal says the First National Bank of Pontotoc has announced it will fill the void.
First National Bank president Buddy Montgomery says a temporary bank should open by the middle of August. He says a new bank will be built once a location is found.
Source: The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money