Town getting ‘replacement’ bank for BancorpSouth
ECRU — The Town of Ecru won’t be without a bank after all.
Last month, Tupelo-based BancorpSouth said it was closing 23 branches this fall in six states to improve efficiency. One of those was the branch in Ecru, the town’s only bank.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal says the First National Bank of Pontotoc has announced it will fill the void.
First National Bank president Buddy Montgomery says a temporary bank should open by the middle of August. He says a new bank will be built once a location is found.
Source: The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding