Town getting ‘replacement’ bank for BancorpSouth
ECRU — The Town of Ecru won’t be without a bank after all.
Last month, Tupelo-based BancorpSouth said it was closing 23 branches this fall in six states to improve efficiency. One of those was the branch in Ecru, the town’s only bank.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal says the First National Bank of Pontotoc has announced it will fill the void.
First National Bank president Buddy Montgomery says a temporary bank should open by the middle of August. He says a new bank will be built once a location is found.
Source: The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center