Town getting ‘replacement’ bank for BancorpSouth
ECRU — The Town of Ecru won’t be without a bank after all.
Last month, Tupelo-based BancorpSouth said it was closing 23 branches this fall in six states to improve efficiency. One of those was the branch in Ecru, the town’s only bank.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal says the First National Bank of Pontotoc has announced it will fill the void.
First National Bank president Buddy Montgomery says a temporary bank should open by the middle of August. He says a new bank will be built once a location is found.
Source: The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability