Elevance collaborating with French company
ADAMS COUNTY — Elevance Renewable Sciences Inc. and Paris-based Hutchinson Worldwide are collaborating to validate the use of Elevance’s renewable products for use as processing aids in Hutchinson’s rubber compounds.
“With more than 21 million tons of rubber consumed globally, there is a growing need to replace petroleum-based processing oils in rubber to achieve both sustainability and performance goals,” said Andy Shafer, executive vice president of sales and market development for Bolingbrook, Ill.-based Elevance. “Our collaboration with Hutchinson has been focused on this need, and work to-date has demonstrated early technical success.”
The collaboration will combine the innovation, rubber formulation expertise and manufacturing capabilities of Hutchinson with Elevance’s metathesis technology and products to make rubber production more environmentally sustainable and provide an alternative to petroleum-based raw materials.
“Elevance brings renewable products and materials innovation to the rubber industry,” said Benoit Le Rossignol, vice president of material development of Hutchinson. “Elevance’s products offer a unique, renewable solution that is of significant interest to our company’s customers.”
Earlier this month, it was announced that Elevance had acquired the Delta BioFuels facility in Adams County. The company intends to convert the facility to a biorefinery and derivatives operation in a multi-phase project that will involve an investment of more than $225 million and will create 165 full-time jobs over the next five years, in addition to 300 construction jobs.
Elevance plans to expand the existing 800,000-square-foot refinery, which is located in Natchez, in multiple phases over the next five years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Elevance collaborating with French company”
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love