BlueFire completes phase one of plant construction
by For the MBJ
Published: June 22,2011
FULTON — BlueFire Renewables Inc. has completed initial site-preparation on the company’s proposed cellulosic ethanol plant in Fulton.
Century Construction has completed clearing and grubbing; placed the geo-grid and fabric across the site; brought the site to grade level and installed drainage structures prior to completion of final rough grading. Grass and mulch were applied to establish the necessary growth for erosion control until plant construction begins.
“With support from the County of Itawamba and the City of Fulton and excellent work done by Century Construction, the Fulton site is ready for facility construction,” said Arnold Klann, CEO of BlueFire. “We are currently working on multiple pathways for financing including a pending loan guarantee application with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).”
“BlueFire’s first phase of construction has already created 52 jobs in Fulton and, as BlueFire moves into its next phase of construction, will create numerous more,” said Greg Deakle, Itawamba County Development Council executive director.
BlueFire is poised to build its first commercial facility utilizing green and wood wastes available in the region as feedstock for the production of approximately 19 million gallons of ethanol per year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Board continues to negotiate with propsective hospital buyers
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team