BlueFire completes phase one of plant construction
by For the MBJ
Published: June 22,2011
FULTON — BlueFire Renewables Inc. has completed initial site-preparation on the company’s proposed cellulosic ethanol plant in Fulton.
Century Construction has completed clearing and grubbing; placed the geo-grid and fabric across the site; brought the site to grade level and installed drainage structures prior to completion of final rough grading. Grass and mulch were applied to establish the necessary growth for erosion control until plant construction begins.
“With support from the County of Itawamba and the City of Fulton and excellent work done by Century Construction, the Fulton site is ready for facility construction,” said Arnold Klann, CEO of BlueFire. “We are currently working on multiple pathways for financing including a pending loan guarantee application with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).”
“BlueFire’s first phase of construction has already created 52 jobs in Fulton and, as BlueFire moves into its next phase of construction, will create numerous more,” said Greg Deakle, Itawamba County Development Council executive director.
BlueFire is poised to build its first commercial facility utilizing green and wood wastes available in the region as feedstock for the production of approximately 19 million gallons of ethanol per year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- State's corn crop could set new yield record
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation