BlueFire completes phase one of plant construction
by For the MBJ
Published: June 22,2011
FULTON — BlueFire Renewables Inc. has completed initial site-preparation on the company’s proposed cellulosic ethanol plant in Fulton.
Century Construction has completed clearing and grubbing; placed the geo-grid and fabric across the site; brought the site to grade level and installed drainage structures prior to completion of final rough grading. Grass and mulch were applied to establish the necessary growth for erosion control until plant construction begins.
“With support from the County of Itawamba and the City of Fulton and excellent work done by Century Construction, the Fulton site is ready for facility construction,” said Arnold Klann, CEO of BlueFire. “We are currently working on multiple pathways for financing including a pending loan guarantee application with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).”
“BlueFire’s first phase of construction has already created 52 jobs in Fulton and, as BlueFire moves into its next phase of construction, will create numerous more,” said Greg Deakle, Itawamba County Development Council executive director.
BlueFire is poised to build its first commercial facility utilizing green and wood wastes available in the region as feedstock for the production of approximately 19 million gallons of ethanol per year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House