Bomgar lands new client in Smiths Group
by For the MBJ
Published: June 22,2011
RIDGELAND — Smiths Group PLC recently consolidated and centralized its IT functions with help from Bomgar.
Terms were not disclosed.
With 23,000 employees in 400 locations around the globe, Smiths Group delivers products and services that make the world safer, healthier and more productive, including threat and contraband detection, medical devices, energy, communications and engineering components.
Prior to deploying the Bomgar solution, Smiths Group operated under a decentralized IT model, where each division had its own CIO and managed its IT independently from the rest of the company. The company made a strategic decision to consolidate IT functions and centralize its end-user support processes, which were being handled regionally using a variety of help desk systems.
Source: Smiths Group
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand