Bomgar lands new client in Smiths Group
by For the MBJ
Published: June 22,2011
RIDGELAND — Smiths Group PLC recently consolidated and centralized its IT functions with help from Bomgar.
Terms were not disclosed.
With 23,000 employees in 400 locations around the globe, Smiths Group delivers products and services that make the world safer, healthier and more productive, including threat and contraband detection, medical devices, energy, communications and engineering components.
Prior to deploying the Bomgar solution, Smiths Group operated under a decentralized IT model, where each division had its own CIO and managed its IT independently from the rest of the company. The company made a strategic decision to consolidate IT functions and centralize its end-user support processes, which were being handled regionally using a variety of help desk systems.
Source: Smiths Group
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Community Bank names new officers
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams