Bomgar lands new client in Smiths Group
by For the MBJ
Published: June 22,2011
RIDGELAND — Smiths Group PLC recently consolidated and centralized its IT functions with help from Bomgar.
Terms were not disclosed.
With 23,000 employees in 400 locations around the globe, Smiths Group delivers products and services that make the world safer, healthier and more productive, including threat and contraband detection, medical devices, energy, communications and engineering components.
Prior to deploying the Bomgar solution, Smiths Group operated under a decentralized IT model, where each division had its own CIO and managed its IT independently from the rest of the company. The company made a strategic decision to consolidate IT functions and centralize its end-user support processes, which were being handled regionally using a variety of help desk systems.
Source: Smiths Group
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again