City approves TIF bond for Margaritaville streets
Published: June 22,2011
BILOXI — City streets leading to the new Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Casino & Restaurant in East Biloxi will be improved with a Tax Increment Financing bond.
The Biloxi Council voted to allow up to $1.65 million in TIF bonds for the project.
The money will be used by the developer to install turn lanes on Oak Street and Fifth Street and to widen Fifth Street from Oak Street to the entrance of Margaritaville.
The Sun Herald reports the bonds also will pay for curbs and gutters, drainage, lighting, signs and fees.
Michael Cavanaugh, attorney for Margaritaville, said the bonds will finance only public improvements to streets leading to the resort.
The target date for opening is the spring of 2012.
Source: The Sun Herald
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- BLAKE WILSON: Danny Mitchell was a remarkable business leader, a better friend
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency