City approves TIF bond for Margaritaville streets
Published: June 22,2011
BILOXI — City streets leading to the new Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Casino & Restaurant in East Biloxi will be improved with a Tax Increment Financing bond.
The Biloxi Council voted to allow up to $1.65 million in TIF bonds for the project.
The money will be used by the developer to install turn lanes on Oak Street and Fifth Street and to widen Fifth Street from Oak Street to the entrance of Margaritaville.
The Sun Herald reports the bonds also will pay for curbs and gutters, drainage, lighting, signs and fees.
Michael Cavanaugh, attorney for Margaritaville, said the bonds will finance only public improvements to streets leading to the resort.
The target date for opening is the spring of 2012.
Source: The Sun Herald
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal