City approves TIF bond for Margaritaville streets
Published: June 22,2011
BILOXI — City streets leading to the new Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Casino & Restaurant in East Biloxi will be improved with a Tax Increment Financing bond.
The Biloxi Council voted to allow up to $1.65 million in TIF bonds for the project.
The money will be used by the developer to install turn lanes on Oak Street and Fifth Street and to widen Fifth Street from Oak Street to the entrance of Margaritaville.
The Sun Herald reports the bonds also will pay for curbs and gutters, drainage, lighting, signs and fees.
Michael Cavanaugh, attorney for Margaritaville, said the bonds will finance only public improvements to streets leading to the resort.
The target date for opening is the spring of 2012.
Source: The Sun Herald
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion