City approves TIF bond for Margaritaville streets
by Associated Press
Published: June 22,2011
BILOXI — City streets leading to the new Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville Casino & Restaurant in East Biloxi will be improved with a Tax Increment Financing bond.
The Biloxi Council voted to allow up to $1.65 million in TIF bonds for the project.
The money will be used by the developer to install turn lanes on Oak Street and Fifth Street and to widen Fifth Street from Oak Street to the entrance of Margaritaville.
The Sun Herald reports the bonds also will pay for curbs and gutters, drainage, lighting, signs and fees.
Michael Cavanaugh, attorney for Margaritaville, said the bonds will finance only public improvements to streets leading to the resort.
The target date for opening is the spring of 2012.
Source: The Sun Herald
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip