Jay Moon, Q&A
Published: June 23,2011
JACKSON- MBJ-TV talks with Mississippi Manufacturers Association director Jay Moon about the state of manufacturing in Mississippi.
Part 1: “As it relates to a sector of the economy, manufacturing in general, across the United States, is one of the largest users of energy and that’s both natural gas and electric power so we’re very interested in anything that has an impact on either the reliability, the availability, or the cost of energy.”
Part 2: “Manufacturing in the state today represents about 15% of the direct workforce and that’s a fairly substantial amount relative to any one sector of the economy.”
Part 3: “Business goes to where its welcome so we have to have a positive, pro-growth environment here in the state, which we have had under Gov. Barbour and I think that’s been very strong so the next governor we would hope would continue that policy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015