Jay Moon, Q&A
Published: June 23,2011
JACKSON- MBJ-TV talks with Mississippi Manufacturers Association director Jay Moon about the state of manufacturing in Mississippi.
Part 1: “As it relates to a sector of the economy, manufacturing in general, across the United States, is one of the largest users of energy and that’s both natural gas and electric power so we’re very interested in anything that has an impact on either the reliability, the availability, or the cost of energy.”
Part 2: “Manufacturing in the state today represents about 15% of the direct workforce and that’s a fairly substantial amount relative to any one sector of the economy.”
Part 3: “Business goes to where its welcome so we have to have a positive, pro-growth environment here in the state, which we have had under Gov. Barbour and I think that’s been very strong so the next governor we would hope would continue that policy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun