Jay Moon, Q&A
Published: June 23,2011
JACKSON- MBJ-TV talks with Mississippi Manufacturers Association director Jay Moon about the state of manufacturing in Mississippi.
Part 1: “As it relates to a sector of the economy, manufacturing in general, across the United States, is one of the largest users of energy and that’s both natural gas and electric power so we’re very interested in anything that has an impact on either the reliability, the availability, or the cost of energy.”
Part 2: “Manufacturing in the state today represents about 15% of the direct workforce and that’s a fairly substantial amount relative to any one sector of the economy.”
Part 3: “Business goes to where its welcome so we have to have a positive, pro-growth environment here in the state, which we have had under Gov. Barbour and I think that’s been very strong so the next governor we would hope would continue that policy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones