Jay Moon, Q&A
Published: June 23,2011
JACKSON- MBJ-TV talks with Mississippi Manufacturers Association director Jay Moon about the state of manufacturing in Mississippi.
Part 1: “As it relates to a sector of the economy, manufacturing in general, across the United States, is one of the largest users of energy and that’s both natural gas and electric power so we’re very interested in anything that has an impact on either the reliability, the availability, or the cost of energy.”
Part 2: “Manufacturing in the state today represents about 15% of the direct workforce and that’s a fairly substantial amount relative to any one sector of the economy.”
Part 3: “Business goes to where its welcome so we have to have a positive, pro-growth environment here in the state, which we have had under Gov. Barbour and I think that’s been very strong so the next governor we would hope would continue that policy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant