Jay Moon, Q&A
Published: June 23,2011
JACKSON- MBJ-TV talks with Mississippi Manufacturers Association director Jay Moon about the state of manufacturing in Mississippi.
Part 1: “As it relates to a sector of the economy, manufacturing in general, across the United States, is one of the largest users of energy and that’s both natural gas and electric power so we’re very interested in anything that has an impact on either the reliability, the availability, or the cost of energy.”
Part 2: “Manufacturing in the state today represents about 15% of the direct workforce and that’s a fairly substantial amount relative to any one sector of the economy.”
Part 3: “Business goes to where its welcome so we have to have a positive, pro-growth environment here in the state, which we have had under Gov. Barbour and I think that’s been very strong so the next governor we would hope would continue that policy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion