Rice agrees to join KiOR’s board of directors
by For the MBJ
Published: June 23,2011
COLUMBUS — KiOR Inc., a cellulosic fuels producer, is adding former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice its board of directors, starting July 2011.
Rice served as U.S. secretary of state from 2005 to 2009 after serving as the chief national security advisor to President George W. Bush beginning in 2001.
Rice is currently professor of political economy in the Stanford Graduate School of Business, senior fellow of public policy at the Hoover Institution and professor of political science at Stanford University.
Rice has also served on the board of directors for the Chevron Corporation, the Charles Schwab Corporation, the Transamerica Corporation and the International Advisory Council of J.P. Morgan. She is currently on the board of Makena Capital, a private endowment firm, and C3, an energy software company.
Pasadena, Texas-based KiOR broke ground last May in Columbus its first commercial biofuel production facility. The company announced in August 2010 it would locate five biofuel production facilities throughout Mississippi, a company investment of $500 million that will create at least 1,000 direct and indirect jobs in the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Rice agrees to join KiOR’s board of directors”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie opens in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet