VT Halter Marine plans new floating dock
Published: June 23,2011
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine plans a new floating dry dock at its Pascagoula shipyard so it can enter the drill rig and ship repair market.
VT chief executive officer Bill Skinner tells The Mississippi Press that the L-shaped dry dock would be placed on about 30 acres of undeveloped land between the existing VT Halter facility and Signal International.
Skinner says the floating dry dock will let the company begin repairing semi-submersible drilling rigs and new Panamax-sized ships.
Skinner says the project is “in the strategic planning process now,” and up to 24 months away from becoming a reality.
He says the repair business has been a part of the company’s strategic plan for some time.
VT Halter employs about 1,800 at shipyards in Moss Point, Pascagoula and Escatawpa.
Source: The Mississippi Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “VT Halter Marine plans new floating dock”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus