VT Halter Marine plans new floating dock
by Associated Press
Published: June 23,2011
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine plans a new floating dry dock at its Pascagoula shipyard so it can enter the drill rig and ship repair market.
VT chief executive officer Bill Skinner tells The Mississippi Press that the L-shaped dry dock would be placed on about 30 acres of undeveloped land between the existing VT Halter facility and Signal International.
Skinner says the floating dry dock will let the company begin repairing semi-submersible drilling rigs and new Panamax-sized ships.
Skinner says the project is “in the strategic planning process now,” and up to 24 months away from becoming a reality.
He says the repair business has been a part of the company’s strategic plan for some time.
VT Halter employs about 1,800 at shipyards in Moss Point, Pascagoula and Escatawpa.
Source: The Mississippi Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “VT Halter Marine plans new floating dock”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!