VT Halter Marine plans new floating dock
Published: June 23,2011
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine plans a new floating dry dock at its Pascagoula shipyard so it can enter the drill rig and ship repair market.
VT chief executive officer Bill Skinner tells The Mississippi Press that the L-shaped dry dock would be placed on about 30 acres of undeveloped land between the existing VT Halter facility and Signal International.
Skinner says the floating dry dock will let the company begin repairing semi-submersible drilling rigs and new Panamax-sized ships.
Skinner says the project is “in the strategic planning process now,” and up to 24 months away from becoming a reality.
He says the repair business has been a part of the company’s strategic plan for some time.
VT Halter employs about 1,800 at shipyards in Moss Point, Pascagoula and Escatawpa.
Source: The Mississippi Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “VT Halter Marine plans new floating dock”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds