VT Halter Marine plans new floating dock
Published: June 23,2011
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine plans a new floating dry dock at its Pascagoula shipyard so it can enter the drill rig and ship repair market.
VT chief executive officer Bill Skinner tells The Mississippi Press that the L-shaped dry dock would be placed on about 30 acres of undeveloped land between the existing VT Halter facility and Signal International.
Skinner says the floating dry dock will let the company begin repairing semi-submersible drilling rigs and new Panamax-sized ships.
Skinner says the project is “in the strategic planning process now,” and up to 24 months away from becoming a reality.
He says the repair business has been a part of the company’s strategic plan for some time.
VT Halter employs about 1,800 at shipyards in Moss Point, Pascagoula and Escatawpa.
Source: The Mississippi Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “VT Halter Marine plans new floating dock”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie opens in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet