VT Halter Marine plans new floating dock
Published: June 23,2011
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine plans a new floating dry dock at its Pascagoula shipyard so it can enter the drill rig and ship repair market.
VT chief executive officer Bill Skinner tells The Mississippi Press that the L-shaped dry dock would be placed on about 30 acres of undeveloped land between the existing VT Halter facility and Signal International.
Skinner says the floating dry dock will let the company begin repairing semi-submersible drilling rigs and new Panamax-sized ships.
Skinner says the project is “in the strategic planning process now,” and up to 24 months away from becoming a reality.
He says the repair business has been a part of the company’s strategic plan for some time.
VT Halter employs about 1,800 at shipyards in Moss Point, Pascagoula and Escatawpa.
Source: The Mississippi Press
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “VT Halter Marine plans new floating dock”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November