McKinnon-Hicks earns grant
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 26,2011
Through funding provided by the Mississippi Arts Commission, Lil McKinnon-Hicks, a Mississippi goldsmith/silversmith and jewelry artist who produces work under the business name of Lil McKH Jewelry, was able to complete a week-long course of study with acclaimed enamellist and ceramic artist Christiana Tagliapietria of Ontario, Canada. McKinnon-Hicks was provided the opportunity, through a $500 grant awarded by the Mississippi Arts Commission, to attend an advanced workshop at William Holland School of Lapidary Arts, where she studied the “almost lost art” of enameling under the tutelage of Tagliapietria.
McKinnon-Hicks is an exhibiting member of the Craftsmen’s Guild of Mississippi, an adjudicated master artist of the Southern Arts Federation, a member of the Florida Society of Goldsmiths, the Mississippi Gem & Mineral Society, the Eastern Federation of Mineralogical & Lapidary Societies and the Southeast Federation of Mineralogical Societies. She is a member of the Mississippi Forge Council, Artist Blacksmiths Association of North America, Ethical Metalsmiths and the Precious Metal Clay Guild.
McKinnon-Hicks maintains a private studio at 200 Commerce Street (located above Hal & Mal’s) in downtown Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “McKinnon-Hicks earns grant”
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that