Sales tax rebates and property tax waivers part of convention hotel deal
A March 3 memorandum of understanding between TCI Investments and the City of Jackson shows deal
by Ted Carter
Published: June 26,2011
The Dallas developer seeking to partner with the City of Jackson to build a $94-million convention headquarters hotel wants a rebate on 80 percent of the sales tax collected at the hotel for its first 10 years.
The rebate could cover as much as 30 percent of the costs incurred by TCI Investments, an arm of Intercontinental Realty Investments.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete