Sales tax rebates and property tax waivers part of convention hotel deal
A March 3 memorandum of understanding between TCI Investments and the City of Jackson shows deal
by Ted Carter
Published: June 26,2011
The Dallas developer seeking to partner with the City of Jackson to build a $94-million convention headquarters hotel wants a rebate on 80 percent of the sales tax collected at the hotel for its first 10 years.
The rebate could cover as much as 30 percent of the costs incurred by TCI Investments, an arm of Intercontinental Realty Investments.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- John Fletcher joins Jones Walker