Sales tax rebates and property tax waivers part of convention hotel deal
A March 3 memorandum of understanding between TCI Investments and the City of Jackson shows deal
by Ted Carter
Published: June 26,2011
The Dallas developer seeking to partner with the City of Jackson to build a $94-million convention headquarters hotel wants a rebate on 80 percent of the sales tax collected at the hotel for its first 10 years.
The rebate could cover as much as 30 percent of the costs incurred by TCI Investments, an arm of Intercontinental Realty Investments.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal