Sales tax rebates and property tax waivers part of convention hotel deal
A March 3 memorandum of understanding between TCI Investments and the City of Jackson shows deal
by Ted Carter
Published: June 26,2011
The Dallas developer seeking to partner with the City of Jackson to build a $94-million convention headquarters hotel wants a rebate on 80 percent of the sales tax collected at the hotel for its first 10 years.
The rebate could cover as much as 30 percent of the costs incurred by TCI Investments, an arm of Intercontinental Realty Investments.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Community Bank names new officers
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state