Smith named VP
Dr. Martha Lou Smith has been named vice president for general education and technology services at Pearl River Community College. She succeeds Dr. John Grant, who will retire as vice president for instruction on June 30 after 32 years at PRCC.
A Lumberton native, Smith attended PRCC and holds the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees from the University of Southern Mississippi. She taught elementary school in Lumberton and ninth-grade technology courses in Poplarville before joining the PRCC faculty 11 years ago.
Smith taught reading at PRCC before moving into the institutional research department. She has been director of the extended learning operation since 2007.
Smith and her husband, Sam, live in Wiggins.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters