Smith named VP
Dr. Martha Lou Smith has been named vice president for general education and technology services at Pearl River Community College. She succeeds Dr. John Grant, who will retire as vice president for instruction on June 30 after 32 years at PRCC.
A Lumberton native, Smith attended PRCC and holds the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees from the University of Southern Mississippi. She taught elementary school in Lumberton and ninth-grade technology courses in Poplarville before joining the PRCC faculty 11 years ago.
Smith taught reading at PRCC before moving into the institutional research department. She has been director of the extended learning operation since 2007.
Smith and her husband, Sam, live in Wiggins.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- DAVID DALLAS: Getting a grip on LGBT issues
- Mississippian Glenn McCullough Jr. gets nod as new MDA chief
- Governor signs fracking bill as database comes under scrutiny
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Meridian DJ group brings dubstep, EDM to Queen City