Smith named VP
Dr. Martha Lou Smith has been named vice president for general education and technology services at Pearl River Community College. She succeeds Dr. John Grant, who will retire as vice president for instruction on June 30 after 32 years at PRCC.
A Lumberton native, Smith attended PRCC and holds the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees from the University of Southern Mississippi. She taught elementary school in Lumberton and ninth-grade technology courses in Poplarville before joining the PRCC faculty 11 years ago.
Smith taught reading at PRCC before moving into the institutional research department. She has been director of the extended learning operation since 2007.
Smith and her husband, Sam, live in Wiggins.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- State’s Consumer Protection Act key to forcing S&P settlement on bogus bond ratings