Smith named VP
Dr. Martha Lou Smith has been named vice president for general education and technology services at Pearl River Community College. She succeeds Dr. John Grant, who will retire as vice president for instruction on June 30 after 32 years at PRCC.
A Lumberton native, Smith attended PRCC and holds the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees from the University of Southern Mississippi. She taught elementary school in Lumberton and ninth-grade technology courses in Poplarville before joining the PRCC faculty 11 years ago.
Smith taught reading at PRCC before moving into the institutional research department. She has been director of the extended learning operation since 2007.
Smith and her husband, Sam, live in Wiggins.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015