Smith named VP
Dr. Martha Lou Smith has been named vice president for general education and technology services at Pearl River Community College. She succeeds Dr. John Grant, who will retire as vice president for instruction on June 30 after 32 years at PRCC.
A Lumberton native, Smith attended PRCC and holds the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees from the University of Southern Mississippi. She taught elementary school in Lumberton and ninth-grade technology courses in Poplarville before joining the PRCC faculty 11 years ago.
Smith taught reading at PRCC before moving into the institutional research department. She has been director of the extended learning operation since 2007.
Smith and her husband, Sam, live in Wiggins.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi