County gives tax exemption to GE Aviation
Published: June 27,2011
BATESVILLE — The Panola County Board of Supervisors has approved a 10-year tax exemption for machinery and equipment and a separate tax exemption for inventory for GE Aviation.
The three-year-old GE Aviation plant in Batesville is set to employ 500 workers by 2013.
Officials tell The Panolian that the tax exemptions will save GE Aviation about $289,800 annually.
Bill Bryant, a tax consultant for Panola County, says the tax exemptions do not include tax payments to South Panola public schools, which are $213,900 annually.
The Batesville plant is presently expanding its 300,000-square-foot building located along Mississippi 6 East.
The plant makes composite components for the GEnx jet engine, which will power Boeing’s new 787 and 747-8 aircraft.
Source: The Panolian
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions