County gives tax exemption to GE Aviation
by Associated Press
Published: June 27,2011
BATESVILLE — The Panola County Board of Supervisors has approved a 10-year tax exemption for machinery and equipment and a separate tax exemption for inventory for GE Aviation.
The three-year-old GE Aviation plant in Batesville is set to employ 500 workers by 2013.
Officials tell The Panolian that the tax exemptions will save GE Aviation about $289,800 annually.
Bill Bryant, a tax consultant for Panola County, says the tax exemptions do not include tax payments to South Panola public schools, which are $213,900 annually.
The Batesville plant is presently expanding its 300,000-square-foot building located along Mississippi 6 East.
The plant makes composite components for the GEnx jet engine, which will power Boeing’s new 787 and 747-8 aircraft.
Source: The Panolian
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability