County gives tax exemption to GE Aviation
Published: June 27,2011
BATESVILLE — The Panola County Board of Supervisors has approved a 10-year tax exemption for machinery and equipment and a separate tax exemption for inventory for GE Aviation.
The three-year-old GE Aviation plant in Batesville is set to employ 500 workers by 2013.
Officials tell The Panolian that the tax exemptions will save GE Aviation about $289,800 annually.
Bill Bryant, a tax consultant for Panola County, says the tax exemptions do not include tax payments to South Panola public schools, which are $213,900 annually.
The Batesville plant is presently expanding its 300,000-square-foot building located along Mississippi 6 East.
The plant makes composite components for the GEnx jet engine, which will power Boeing’s new 787 and 747-8 aircraft.
Source: The Panolian
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders