County gives tax exemption to GE Aviation
by Associated Press
Published: June 27,2011
BATESVILLE — The Panola County Board of Supervisors has approved a 10-year tax exemption for machinery and equipment and a separate tax exemption for inventory for GE Aviation.
The three-year-old GE Aviation plant in Batesville is set to employ 500 workers by 2013.
Officials tell The Panolian that the tax exemptions will save GE Aviation about $289,800 annually.
Bill Bryant, a tax consultant for Panola County, says the tax exemptions do not include tax payments to South Panola public schools, which are $213,900 annually.
The Batesville plant is presently expanding its 300,000-square-foot building located along Mississippi 6 East.
The plant makes composite components for the GEnx jet engine, which will power Boeing’s new 787 and 747-8 aircraft.
Source: The Panolian
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody