Dynetics bringing propulsion testing facility to state
by For the MBJ
Published: June 27,2011
IUKA — Dynetics, Tishomingo County and the Tri-State Commercial Park have partnered to establish a multi-purpose test facility that will provide propulsion testing services to customers for varying sizes of thrusters and engines using various fuel types.
The new test site, located in Iuka on the former Yellow Creek site, is one of only a few commercial hydrazine test facilities in the U.S., according to Huntsville, Ala.-based Dynetics.
Barry King, director of space test and operations at Dynetics, said, “This is an ideal location for this facility and supports our test schedule needs. Buildings and infrastructure are already in place, and by creating our own test capability, we are able to offer a more affordable and efficient option for testing.”
According to King, Dynetics officials have laid out options for a long-term plan at the site, which is divided into three phases. Phases one and two will involve upgrades and modifications to existing infrastructure. Phase three plans may include leasing an additional building to conduct launch vehicle and/or payload separation and drop tests.
Plan are to have the facility operational early next month.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip