Dynetics bringing propulsion testing facility to state
by For the MBJ
Published: June 27,2011
IUKA — Dynetics, Tishomingo County and the Tri-State Commercial Park have partnered to establish a multi-purpose test facility that will provide propulsion testing services to customers for varying sizes of thrusters and engines using various fuel types.
The new test site, located in Iuka on the former Yellow Creek site, is one of only a few commercial hydrazine test facilities in the U.S., according to Huntsville, Ala.-based Dynetics.
Barry King, director of space test and operations at Dynetics, said, “This is an ideal location for this facility and supports our test schedule needs. Buildings and infrastructure are already in place, and by creating our own test capability, we are able to offer a more affordable and efficient option for testing.”
According to King, Dynetics officials have laid out options for a long-term plan at the site, which is divided into three phases. Phases one and two will involve upgrades and modifications to existing infrastructure. Phase three plans may include leasing an additional building to conduct launch vehicle and/or payload separation and drop tests.
Plan are to have the facility operational early next month.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015