Feds clear way for Choctaw casino in Jackson County, but …
Barbour, gov. candidates oppose project
by Clay Chandler
Published: June 27,2011
If the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians has any designs on building a casino in Jackson County, the recent ruling from the Bureau of Indian Affairs is good news.
The bad news? Gov. Haley Barbour, whose approval would be needed, said last week the project would not receive it.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Feds clear way for Choctaw casino in Jackson County, but …”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software