Feds clear way for Choctaw casino in Jackson County, but …
Barbour, gov. candidates oppose project
If the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians has any designs on building a casino in Jackson County, the recent ruling from the Bureau of Indian Affairs is good news.
The bad news? Gov. Haley Barbour, whose approval would be needed, said last week the project would not receive it.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Feds clear way for Choctaw casino in Jackson County, but …”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson