Feds clear way for Choctaw casino in Jackson County, but …
Barbour, gov. candidates oppose project
If the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians has any designs on building a casino in Jackson County, the recent ruling from the Bureau of Indian Affairs is good news.
The bad news? Gov. Haley Barbour, whose approval would be needed, said last week the project would not receive it.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Feds clear way for Choctaw casino in Jackson County, but …”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators