Officials hope to close hospital sale next month
Published: June 27,2011
OXFORD — The City of Oxford, Lafayette County and Baptist Memorial Health Care Corp. hope finalize the sale of the local hospital to Baptist by July 31.
The Oxford Eagle reports that the sale will allow Baptist to get paperwork filed with the Mississippi Department of Health, which must approve construction of a new hospital.
Memphis, Tenn.-based Baptist Memorial Health Care earlier announced the new $300-million hospital it wants to build will be located within the current city limits of Oxford.
The city and county have agreed to sell the current Baptist Medical Center-North Mississippi to Baptist. Baptist currently leases the hospital from the city and county.
The proposal has been in the works since 2009.
Source: Oxford Eagle
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M