Officials hope to close hospital sale next month
Published: June 27,2011
OXFORD — The City of Oxford, Lafayette County and Baptist Memorial Health Care Corp. hope finalize the sale of the local hospital to Baptist by July 31.
The Oxford Eagle reports that the sale will allow Baptist to get paperwork filed with the Mississippi Department of Health, which must approve construction of a new hospital.
Memphis, Tenn.-based Baptist Memorial Health Care earlier announced the new $300-million hospital it wants to build will be located within the current city limits of Oxford.
The city and county have agreed to sell the current Baptist Medical Center-North Mississippi to Baptist. Baptist currently leases the hospital from the city and county.
The proposal has been in the works since 2009.
Source: Oxford Eagle
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions