Officials hope to close hospital sale next month
Published: June 27,2011
OXFORD — The City of Oxford, Lafayette County and Baptist Memorial Health Care Corp. hope finalize the sale of the local hospital to Baptist by July 31.
The Oxford Eagle reports that the sale will allow Baptist to get paperwork filed with the Mississippi Department of Health, which must approve construction of a new hospital.
Memphis, Tenn.-based Baptist Memorial Health Care earlier announced the new $300-million hospital it wants to build will be located within the current city limits of Oxford.
The city and county have agreed to sell the current Baptist Medical Center-North Mississippi to Baptist. Baptist currently leases the hospital from the city and county.
The proposal has been in the works since 2009.
Source: Oxford Eagle
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win