Officials hope to close hospital sale next month
by Associated Press
Published: June 27,2011
OXFORD — The City of Oxford, Lafayette County and Baptist Memorial Health Care Corp. hope finalize the sale of the local hospital to Baptist by July 31.
The Oxford Eagle reports that the sale will allow Baptist to get paperwork filed with the Mississippi Department of Health, which must approve construction of a new hospital.
Memphis, Tenn.-based Baptist Memorial Health Care earlier announced the new $300-million hospital it wants to build will be located within the current city limits of Oxford.
The city and county have agreed to sell the current Baptist Medical Center-North Mississippi to Baptist. Baptist currently leases the hospital from the city and county.
The proposal has been in the works since 2009.
Source: Oxford Eagle
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data