Officials hope to close hospital sale next month
Published: June 27,2011
OXFORD — The City of Oxford, Lafayette County and Baptist Memorial Health Care Corp. hope finalize the sale of the local hospital to Baptist by July 31.
The Oxford Eagle reports that the sale will allow Baptist to get paperwork filed with the Mississippi Department of Health, which must approve construction of a new hospital.
Memphis, Tenn.-based Baptist Memorial Health Care earlier announced the new $300-million hospital it wants to build will be located within the current city limits of Oxford.
The city and county have agreed to sell the current Baptist Medical Center-North Mississippi to Baptist. Baptist currently leases the hospital from the city and county.
The proposal has been in the works since 2009.
Source: Oxford Eagle
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Events and Nominations