Restaurant company buys fast-casual chain
JACKSON — Salsarita’s in the sale of the company to Mississippi Restaurant Group, LLC, led by Phil Freidman, former CEO of McAlister’s Deli, has acquired Salsarita’s, an independent fast-casual brand serving Mexican cuisine.
Terms were not disclosed.
Salsarita’s is headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., and has over 80 locations throughout the Central and Eastern United States.
Salsarita’s retained The Cypress Group to evaluate a variety of strategic options including the sale of the concept, a partial liquidity event for the ownership group and raising growth capital for the brand. After reviewing multiple alternatives, Salsarita’s elected to sell to Mississippi Restaurant Group.
Source: The Cypress Group
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Community Bank names new officers
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams