Restaurant company buys fast-casual chain
JACKSON — Salsarita’s in the sale of the company to Mississippi Restaurant Group, LLC, led by Phil Freidman, former CEO of McAlister’s Deli, has acquired Salsarita’s, an independent fast-casual brand serving Mexican cuisine.
Terms were not disclosed.
Salsarita’s is headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., and has over 80 locations throughout the Central and Eastern United States.
Salsarita’s retained The Cypress Group to evaluate a variety of strategic options including the sale of the concept, a partial liquidity event for the ownership group and raising growth capital for the brand. After reviewing multiple alternatives, Salsarita’s elected to sell to Mississippi Restaurant Group.
Source: The Cypress Group
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability