Restaurant company buys fast-casual chain
JACKSON — Salsarita’s in the sale of the company to Mississippi Restaurant Group, LLC, led by Phil Freidman, former CEO of McAlister’s Deli, has acquired Salsarita’s, an independent fast-casual brand serving Mexican cuisine.
Terms were not disclosed.
Salsarita’s is headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., and has over 80 locations throughout the Central and Eastern United States.
Salsarita’s retained The Cypress Group to evaluate a variety of strategic options including the sale of the concept, a partial liquidity event for the ownership group and raising growth capital for the brand. After reviewing multiple alternatives, Salsarita’s elected to sell to Mississippi Restaurant Group.
Source: The Cypress Group
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus