Restaurant company buys fast-casual chain
JACKSON — Salsarita’s in the sale of the company to Mississippi Restaurant Group, LLC, led by Phil Freidman, former CEO of McAlister’s Deli, has acquired Salsarita’s, an independent fast-casual brand serving Mexican cuisine.
Terms were not disclosed.
Salsarita’s is headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., and has over 80 locations throughout the Central and Eastern United States.
Salsarita’s retained The Cypress Group to evaluate a variety of strategic options including the sale of the concept, a partial liquidity event for the ownership group and raising growth capital for the brand. After reviewing multiple alternatives, Salsarita’s elected to sell to Mississippi Restaurant Group.
Source: The Cypress Group
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics