MDOT to break ground for new SR 475 bypass
by For the MBJ
Published: June 30,2011
RANKIN COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) will break ground tomorrow on the State Route 475 bypass project in Rankin County.
When complete, State Route 475 will be a continuous four-lane road beginning at Lakeland Drive and will cross over Old Brandon Road on a newly constructed bridge to U.S. 80. An access ramp will also be constructed from the new section of State Route 475 to the Jackson-Evers International Airport. The existing roundabout at the intersection of Old Brandon Road and Airport Road will remain in place.
These improvements will connect traffic from U.S. 80 and Interstate 20 directly to State Route 475, effectively bypassing the roundabout.
This project was awarded to Tanner Construction Company Inc., based out of Ellisville, with a total cost of $7.8 million.
The estimated completion date is October 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “MDOT to break ground for new SR 475 bypass”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar
- FEMA awards grant to defray costs of moving tornado-damaged hospital