MDOT to break ground for new SR 475 bypass
by For the MBJ
Published: June 30,2011
RANKIN COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) will break ground tomorrow on the State Route 475 bypass project in Rankin County.
When complete, State Route 475 will be a continuous four-lane road beginning at Lakeland Drive and will cross over Old Brandon Road on a newly constructed bridge to U.S. 80. An access ramp will also be constructed from the new section of State Route 475 to the Jackson-Evers International Airport. The existing roundabout at the intersection of Old Brandon Road and Airport Road will remain in place.
These improvements will connect traffic from U.S. 80 and Interstate 20 directly to State Route 475, effectively bypassing the roundabout.
This project was awarded to Tanner Construction Company Inc., based out of Ellisville, with a total cost of $7.8 million.
The estimated completion date is October 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “MDOT to break ground for new SR 475 bypass”
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison