Winchester Ammunition swamped with applicants
Published: June 30,2011
OXFORD — Winchester Ammunition has plenty of applicants for the 200-250 jobs it hopes to fill by the end of the year for its Oxford operation.
The company is transferring its Centerfire operations from East Alton, Ill., over the next five years and will employ some 800 workers.
Valerie Peters, Winchester’s director of operations, says hundreds of people showed up for the job fair this week.
Winchester is building a 500,000-square-foot plant for its Centerfire operations, which makes rifle and pistol ammunition for commercial, military and law enforcement use.
The company is no stranger to Oxford. Its parent company, Olin Corp., moved its Winchester Rimfire operations here in 2003 and its military packaging operations shortly afterward.
Combined, the two operations employ about 350 workers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Winchester Ammunition swamped with applicants”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- ‘No’ means being able to commit to ‘Yes’