Winchester Ammunition swamped with applicants
by Associated Press
Published: June 30,2011
OXFORD — Winchester Ammunition has plenty of applicants for the 200-250 jobs it hopes to fill by the end of the year for its Oxford operation.
The company is transferring its Centerfire operations from East Alton, Ill., over the next five years and will employ some 800 workers.
Valerie Peters, Winchester’s director of operations, says hundreds of people showed up for the job fair this week.
Winchester is building a 500,000-square-foot plant for its Centerfire operations, which makes rifle and pistol ammunition for commercial, military and law enforcement use.
The company is no stranger to Oxford. Its parent company, Olin Corp., moved its Winchester Rimfire operations here in 2003 and its military packaging operations shortly afterward.
Combined, the two operations employ about 350 workers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Winchester Ammunition swamped with applicants”
Top Posts & Pages
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute