Winchester Ammunition swamped with applicants
by Associated Press
Published: June 30,2011
OXFORD — Winchester Ammunition has plenty of applicants for the 200-250 jobs it hopes to fill by the end of the year for its Oxford operation.
The company is transferring its Centerfire operations from East Alton, Ill., over the next five years and will employ some 800 workers.
Valerie Peters, Winchester’s director of operations, says hundreds of people showed up for the job fair this week.
Winchester is building a 500,000-square-foot plant for its Centerfire operations, which makes rifle and pistol ammunition for commercial, military and law enforcement use.
The company is no stranger to Oxford. Its parent company, Olin Corp., moved its Winchester Rimfire operations here in 2003 and its military packaging operations shortly afterward.
Combined, the two operations employ about 350 workers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Winchester Ammunition swamped with applicants”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip