Winchester Ammunition swamped with applicants
Published: June 30,2011
OXFORD — Winchester Ammunition has plenty of applicants for the 200-250 jobs it hopes to fill by the end of the year for its Oxford operation.
The company is transferring its Centerfire operations from East Alton, Ill., over the next five years and will employ some 800 workers.
Valerie Peters, Winchester’s director of operations, says hundreds of people showed up for the job fair this week.
Winchester is building a 500,000-square-foot plant for its Centerfire operations, which makes rifle and pistol ammunition for commercial, military and law enforcement use.
The company is no stranger to Oxford. Its parent company, Olin Corp., moved its Winchester Rimfire operations here in 2003 and its military packaging operations shortly afterward.
Combined, the two operations employ about 350 workers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Winchester Ammunition swamped with applicants”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus