College’s graduating class ranks among nation’s largest
by For the MBJ
Published: July 1,2011
PERKINSTON — More than 1,600 students graduated from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in 2010, making it one of the top associate-degree producers in the nation.
At No. 86 overall, Gulf Coast is once again ranked as one of the country’s top 100 community colleges, according to Community College Week, an educational magazine. Gulf Coast has been named in the top 100 eight times since 2002.
Gulf Coast is the only community college in the states of Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana and Tennessee to make the overall top-100 list, a designation the college has received six times.
The ranking is based on the number of degrees awarded to students from the country’s 1,300 community colleges.
Source: Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast