College’s graduating class ranks among nation’s largest
by For the MBJ
Published: July 1,2011
PERKINSTON — More than 1,600 students graduated from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in 2010, making it one of the top associate-degree producers in the nation.
At No. 86 overall, Gulf Coast is once again ranked as one of the country’s top 100 community colleges, according to Community College Week, an educational magazine. Gulf Coast has been named in the top 100 eight times since 2002.
Gulf Coast is the only community college in the states of Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana and Tennessee to make the overall top-100 list, a designation the college has received six times.
The ranking is based on the number of degrees awarded to students from the country’s 1,300 community colleges.
Source: Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters