College’s graduating class ranks among nation’s largest
by For the MBJ
Published: July 1,2011
PERKINSTON — More than 1,600 students graduated from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in 2010, making it one of the top associate-degree producers in the nation.
At No. 86 overall, Gulf Coast is once again ranked as one of the country’s top 100 community colleges, according to Community College Week, an educational magazine. Gulf Coast has been named in the top 100 eight times since 2002.
Gulf Coast is the only community college in the states of Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana and Tennessee to make the overall top-100 list, a designation the college has received six times.
The ranking is based on the number of degrees awarded to students from the country’s 1,300 community colleges.
Source: Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill