College’s graduating class ranks among nation’s largest
by For the MBJ
Published: July 1,2011
PERKINSTON — More than 1,600 students graduated from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in 2010, making it one of the top associate-degree producers in the nation.
At No. 86 overall, Gulf Coast is once again ranked as one of the country’s top 100 community colleges, according to Community College Week, an educational magazine. Gulf Coast has been named in the top 100 eight times since 2002.
Gulf Coast is the only community college in the states of Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana and Tennessee to make the overall top-100 list, a designation the college has received six times.
The ranking is based on the number of degrees awarded to students from the country’s 1,300 community colleges.
Source: Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects