College’s graduating class ranks among nation’s largest
by For the MBJ
Published: July 1,2011
PERKINSTON — More than 1,600 students graduated from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in 2010, making it one of the top associate-degree producers in the nation.
At No. 86 overall, Gulf Coast is once again ranked as one of the country’s top 100 community colleges, according to Community College Week, an educational magazine. Gulf Coast has been named in the top 100 eight times since 2002.
Gulf Coast is the only community college in the states of Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana and Tennessee to make the overall top-100 list, a designation the college has received six times.
The ranking is based on the number of degrees awarded to students from the country’s 1,300 community colleges.
Source: Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts
- The leadership styles of President Obama