Bailey, Quin make ‘Hall’
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 3,2011
The Home Builders Association of Mississippi recently inducted Sherwood “Woody” Bailey Jr. and Wade Quin into the Mississippi Housing Hall of Fame, HBAM’s highest honor.
Bailey grew up in Gulfport, graduated from the University of Alabama and received his juris doctorate from the University of Mississippi. In 1977, he began practicing real estate law in Jackson and joined the Homebuilders Association of Jackson. He subsequently returned to the Coast and became a building superintendent with Bailey Homes, eventually becoming company president. He is currently president of Bailey Lumber and Supply Company and Bailey Properties Inc.
An active member of the Mississippi Coast Home Builders Association, Bailey has served on numerous committees as well as president of the organization. He currently serves on the HBAM Build PAC board of directors and is a national life director.
Bailey is active with Crusin’ the Coast, Smokin’ the Sound, Gulf Coast Carnival Association, Medical Foundation of the Mississippi Gulf Coast, Gulf Coast Business Council, Gulf Coast Realtors Association, YMCA and Gulfport Yacht Club.
Bailey and his wife, Betty, live in Gulfport and have two daughters, Miles and Katy.
Quin, of Madison, is a graduate of the University of Mississippi and began his career in banking, focused on construction lending. He has been in the housing industry for 26 years, has built 400-plus homes and developed 14 subdivisions.
Quin is an active member of the Home Builders Association of Jackson, serving as president in 2001 and 2011 and chairing many committees. At the state level, he served on the Executive Committee for seven straight years including as president in 2005. He has also served on several committees on the national level including the national Executive Committee.
Quin developed the first St. Jude home in 2001, and he worked with Friends of Children’s Hospital in 2003 to build the first Miracle Home. He has also supported the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
He has won awards in the Best in Mississippi Building and Remodeling Awards Competition, and has also won awards for homes he entered in the Parade of Homes for the Home Builders Association of Jackson.
Quin and his wife, Janie, have a son, John Michael, and a daughter, Elizabeth.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity