Jenkins, Pote promoted
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 3,2011
Robert E. “Rob” Jenkins Jr. is the new director of development for Mississippi State University’s College of Business. A 1992 business administration graduate of the university, he has five years of fundraising experience with his alma mater, working previously as development director for the College of Arts and Sciences.
In his new role, Jenkins continues those responsibilities with another of MSU’s major academic units, including the business college’s Richard C. Adkerson School of Accountancy.
Jenkins joined the fundraising staff in 2006 as development director for the College of Education. Prior to that, he was at AmSouth Bank and held positions in sales with Sanderson Plumbing Products Inc.
In a separate item, Jonathan Pote has been named head of the Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering at Mississippi State University. Pote has served as interim head of the department since July 2010. He joined MSU in 1985 and has held a variety of administrative positions, including associate vice president for research and economic development and associate director of the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station.
Pote earned his doctorate in engineering from the University of Arkansas. He obtained his master’s degree in environmental engineering from Oregon State University and his bachelor’s degree in chemistry from Hendrix College in Arkansas.
He served two years as a Peace Corps volunteer in Belize.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option