Jenkins, Pote promoted
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 3,2011
Robert E. “Rob” Jenkins Jr. is the new director of development for Mississippi State University’s College of Business. A 1992 business administration graduate of the university, he has five years of fundraising experience with his alma mater, working previously as development director for the College of Arts and Sciences.
In his new role, Jenkins continues those responsibilities with another of MSU’s major academic units, including the business college’s Richard C. Adkerson School of Accountancy.
Jenkins joined the fundraising staff in 2006 as development director for the College of Education. Prior to that, he was at AmSouth Bank and held positions in sales with Sanderson Plumbing Products Inc.
In a separate item, Jonathan Pote has been named head of the Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering at Mississippi State University. Pote has served as interim head of the department since July 2010. He joined MSU in 1985 and has held a variety of administrative positions, including associate vice president for research and economic development and associate director of the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station.
Pote earned his doctorate in engineering from the University of Arkansas. He obtained his master’s degree in environmental engineering from Oregon State University and his bachelor’s degree in chemistry from Hendrix College in Arkansas.
He served two years as a Peace Corps volunteer in Belize.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love