Jenkins, Pote promoted
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 3,2011
Robert E. “Rob” Jenkins Jr. is the new director of development for Mississippi State University’s College of Business. A 1992 business administration graduate of the university, he has five years of fundraising experience with his alma mater, working previously as development director for the College of Arts and Sciences.
In his new role, Jenkins continues those responsibilities with another of MSU’s major academic units, including the business college’s Richard C. Adkerson School of Accountancy.
Jenkins joined the fundraising staff in 2006 as development director for the College of Education. Prior to that, he was at AmSouth Bank and held positions in sales with Sanderson Plumbing Products Inc.
In a separate item, Jonathan Pote has been named head of the Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering at Mississippi State University. Pote has served as interim head of the department since July 2010. He joined MSU in 1985 and has held a variety of administrative positions, including associate vice president for research and economic development and associate director of the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station.
Pote earned his doctorate in engineering from the University of Arkansas. He obtained his master’s degree in environmental engineering from Oregon State University and his bachelor’s degree in chemistry from Hendrix College in Arkansas.
He served two years as a Peace Corps volunteer in Belize.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste