City awards plant project to Tyler Construction
by Associated Press
Published: July 5,2011
PHILADELPHIA — A Philadelphia construction company has been given an $851,000 contract to renovate the former U.S. Motors facility to accommodate AlphaGen Materials, a manufacturer of polymer ceramic coatings.
The Neshoba Democrat reports Tyler Construction Group of Philadelphia will renovate the city-owned building for AlphaGen, which plans to hire 200 workers later this year.
The company has begun moving heavy equipment into the facility this week.
AlphaGen will manufacture polymer ceramic coatings for industrial applications, infrastructure repair and clean energy applications at the 235,000-square-foot facility.
The city received a $1-million Community Development Block Grant to fund the necessary improvements to the U.S. Motors building.
Source: The Neshoba Democrat
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones