City awards plant project to Tyler Construction
Published: July 5,2011
PHILADELPHIA — A Philadelphia construction company has been given an $851,000 contract to renovate the former U.S. Motors facility to accommodate AlphaGen Materials, a manufacturer of polymer ceramic coatings.
The Neshoba Democrat reports Tyler Construction Group of Philadelphia will renovate the city-owned building for AlphaGen, which plans to hire 200 workers later this year.
The company has begun moving heavy equipment into the facility this week.
AlphaGen will manufacture polymer ceramic coatings for industrial applications, infrastructure repair and clean energy applications at the 235,000-square-foot facility.
The city received a $1-million Community Development Block Grant to fund the necessary improvements to the U.S. Motors building.
Source: The Neshoba Democrat
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State's corn crop could set new yield record
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation