City awards plant project to Tyler Construction
by Associated Press
Published: July 5,2011
PHILADELPHIA — A Philadelphia construction company has been given an $851,000 contract to renovate the former U.S. Motors facility to accommodate AlphaGen Materials, a manufacturer of polymer ceramic coatings.
The Neshoba Democrat reports Tyler Construction Group of Philadelphia will renovate the city-owned building for AlphaGen, which plans to hire 200 workers later this year.
The company has begun moving heavy equipment into the facility this week.
AlphaGen will manufacture polymer ceramic coatings for industrial applications, infrastructure repair and clean energy applications at the 235,000-square-foot facility.
The city received a $1-million Community Development Block Grant to fund the necessary improvements to the U.S. Motors building.
Source: The Neshoba Democrat
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county