City awards plant project to Tyler Construction
Published: July 5,2011
PHILADELPHIA — A Philadelphia construction company has been given an $851,000 contract to renovate the former U.S. Motors facility to accommodate AlphaGen Materials, a manufacturer of polymer ceramic coatings.
The Neshoba Democrat reports Tyler Construction Group of Philadelphia will renovate the city-owned building for AlphaGen, which plans to hire 200 workers later this year.
The company has begun moving heavy equipment into the facility this week.
AlphaGen will manufacture polymer ceramic coatings for industrial applications, infrastructure repair and clean energy applications at the 235,000-square-foot facility.
The city received a $1-million Community Development Block Grant to fund the necessary improvements to the U.S. Motors building.
Source: The Neshoba Democrat
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot