Hospitals, supervisors enter leasing agreement
by For the MBJ
Published: July 5,2011
HATTIESBURG and PRENTISS — Forrest General Hospital of Hattiesburg is entering into a lease agreement with the board of Jefferson Davis Community Hospital and Extended Care Facility in Prentiss.
The lease agreement includes operating Jefferson Davis Community Hospital, a 25-bed critical access hospital; Jefferson Davis Community Hospital Extended Care Facility, a 60-bed nursing home/extended care facility; Jefferson Davis Community Hospital Family Medicine of Prentiss, a certified rural health clinic; and the Arrington Wellness Center.
Terms were not disclosed.
Discussions began with Forrest General’s board of trustees nearly a year ago to determine whether this relationship would be beneficial to the two organizations and the people they serve. Extensive research was completed to identify any issues that would need to be addressed and to determine how best to structure the agreement.
The Forrest General board of trustees, Jefferson Davis County Hospital board of trustees and the Forrest and Jefferson Davis County boards of supervisors approved the structure of the lease agreement.
Source: Forrest General Hospital
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015