Hospitals, supervisors enter leasing agreement
by For the MBJ
Published: July 5,2011
HATTIESBURG and PRENTISS — Forrest General Hospital of Hattiesburg is entering into a lease agreement with the board of Jefferson Davis Community Hospital and Extended Care Facility in Prentiss.
The lease agreement includes operating Jefferson Davis Community Hospital, a 25-bed critical access hospital; Jefferson Davis Community Hospital Extended Care Facility, a 60-bed nursing home/extended care facility; Jefferson Davis Community Hospital Family Medicine of Prentiss, a certified rural health clinic; and the Arrington Wellness Center.
Terms were not disclosed.
Discussions began with Forrest General’s board of trustees nearly a year ago to determine whether this relationship would be beneficial to the two organizations and the people they serve. Extensive research was completed to identify any issues that would need to be addressed and to determine how best to structure the agreement.
The Forrest General board of trustees, Jefferson Davis County Hospital board of trustees and the Forrest and Jefferson Davis County boards of supervisors approved the structure of the lease agreement.
Source: Forrest General Hospital
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal