Hospitals, supervisors enter leasing agreement
by For the MBJ
Published: July 5,2011
HATTIESBURG and PRENTISS — Forrest General Hospital of Hattiesburg is entering into a lease agreement with the board of Jefferson Davis Community Hospital and Extended Care Facility in Prentiss.
The lease agreement includes operating Jefferson Davis Community Hospital, a 25-bed critical access hospital; Jefferson Davis Community Hospital Extended Care Facility, a 60-bed nursing home/extended care facility; Jefferson Davis Community Hospital Family Medicine of Prentiss, a certified rural health clinic; and the Arrington Wellness Center.
Terms were not disclosed.
Discussions began with Forrest General’s board of trustees nearly a year ago to determine whether this relationship would be beneficial to the two organizations and the people they serve. Extensive research was completed to identify any issues that would need to be addressed and to determine how best to structure the agreement.
The Forrest General board of trustees, Jefferson Davis County Hospital board of trustees and the Forrest and Jefferson Davis County boards of supervisors approved the structure of the lease agreement.
Source: Forrest General Hospital
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'