Hospitals, supervisors enter leasing agreement
by For the MBJ
Published: July 5,2011
HATTIESBURG and PRENTISS — Forrest General Hospital of Hattiesburg is entering into a lease agreement with the board of Jefferson Davis Community Hospital and Extended Care Facility in Prentiss.
The lease agreement includes operating Jefferson Davis Community Hospital, a 25-bed critical access hospital; Jefferson Davis Community Hospital Extended Care Facility, a 60-bed nursing home/extended care facility; Jefferson Davis Community Hospital Family Medicine of Prentiss, a certified rural health clinic; and the Arrington Wellness Center.
Terms were not disclosed.
Discussions began with Forrest General’s board of trustees nearly a year ago to determine whether this relationship would be beneficial to the two organizations and the people they serve. Extensive research was completed to identify any issues that would need to be addressed and to determine how best to structure the agreement.
The Forrest General board of trustees, Jefferson Davis County Hospital board of trustees and the Forrest and Jefferson Davis County boards of supervisors approved the structure of the lease agreement.
Source: Forrest General Hospital
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast