Hospitals, supervisors enter leasing agreement
by For the MBJ
Published: July 5,2011
HATTIESBURG and PRENTISS — Forrest General Hospital of Hattiesburg is entering into a lease agreement with the board of Jefferson Davis Community Hospital and Extended Care Facility in Prentiss.
The lease agreement includes operating Jefferson Davis Community Hospital, a 25-bed critical access hospital; Jefferson Davis Community Hospital Extended Care Facility, a 60-bed nursing home/extended care facility; Jefferson Davis Community Hospital Family Medicine of Prentiss, a certified rural health clinic; and the Arrington Wellness Center.
Terms were not disclosed.
Discussions began with Forrest General’s board of trustees nearly a year ago to determine whether this relationship would be beneficial to the two organizations and the people they serve. Extensive research was completed to identify any issues that would need to be addressed and to determine how best to structure the agreement.
The Forrest General board of trustees, Jefferson Davis County Hospital board of trustees and the Forrest and Jefferson Davis County boards of supervisors approved the structure of the lease agreement.
Source: Forrest General Hospital
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015