Joy Global completes acquisition of LeTourneau
by Associated Press
Published: July 5,2011
VICKSBURG — Joy Global’s acquisition of LeTourneau Technologies is completed and officials say plans are being developed for the Vicksburg operation.
Joy Global spokesman Mark Sanders tells the Vicksburg Post that the company expects to grow business in Vicksburg.
Sanders says it is less certain whether the yard will continue to build rigs. He says the employees will manufacture rig kits as well as handle work from Joy Global’s mining factories.
Sanders says Joy Global expects the work force to stabilize at about 250 people once a current manufacturing order is complete.
LeTourneau Technologies, headquartered in Houston, Texas, designs, builds and supports equipment for the mining, forestry and oil and gas drilling industries.
Joy Global, located in Milwaukee, Wis., is a major provider and servicer of equipment for surface and underground mining.
Source: Vicksburg Post
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Gulf Coast's design studio teaches lessons on sustainability
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation