Joy Global completes acquisition of LeTourneau
by Associated Press
Published: July 5,2011
VICKSBURG — Joy Global’s acquisition of LeTourneau Technologies is completed and officials say plans are being developed for the Vicksburg operation.
Joy Global spokesman Mark Sanders tells the Vicksburg Post that the company expects to grow business in Vicksburg.
Sanders says it is less certain whether the yard will continue to build rigs. He says the employees will manufacture rig kits as well as handle work from Joy Global’s mining factories.
Sanders says Joy Global expects the work force to stabilize at about 250 people once a current manufacturing order is complete.
LeTourneau Technologies, headquartered in Houston, Texas, designs, builds and supports equipment for the mining, forestry and oil and gas drilling industries.
Joy Global, located in Milwaukee, Wis., is a major provider and servicer of equipment for surface and underground mining.
Source: Vicksburg Post
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- Brandon biometrics firm merges fingerprinting and smartphones
- With tar balls still common, some question end of oil spill cleanup
- Madison doctor explores JFK assassination in chilling thriller
- Ingalls lands another, $76.8M Coast Guard cutter
- Woman charged with murder in second buttocks-enhancement case