Joy Global completes acquisition of LeTourneau
Published: July 5,2011
VICKSBURG — Joy Global’s acquisition of LeTourneau Technologies is completed and officials say plans are being developed for the Vicksburg operation.
Joy Global spokesman Mark Sanders tells the Vicksburg Post that the company expects to grow business in Vicksburg.
Sanders says it is less certain whether the yard will continue to build rigs. He says the employees will manufacture rig kits as well as handle work from Joy Global’s mining factories.
Sanders says Joy Global expects the work force to stabilize at about 250 people once a current manufacturing order is complete.
LeTourneau Technologies, headquartered in Houston, Texas, designs, builds and supports equipment for the mining, forestry and oil and gas drilling industries.
Joy Global, located in Milwaukee, Wis., is a major provider and servicer of equipment for surface and underground mining.
Source: Vicksburg Post
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues