Joy Global completes acquisition of LeTourneau
Published: July 5,2011
VICKSBURG — Joy Global’s acquisition of LeTourneau Technologies is completed and officials say plans are being developed for the Vicksburg operation.
Joy Global spokesman Mark Sanders tells the Vicksburg Post that the company expects to grow business in Vicksburg.
Sanders says it is less certain whether the yard will continue to build rigs. He says the employees will manufacture rig kits as well as handle work from Joy Global’s mining factories.
Sanders says Joy Global expects the work force to stabilize at about 250 people once a current manufacturing order is complete.
LeTourneau Technologies, headquartered in Houston, Texas, designs, builds and supports equipment for the mining, forestry and oil and gas drilling industries.
Joy Global, located in Milwaukee, Wis., is a major provider and servicer of equipment for surface and underground mining.
Source: Vicksburg Post
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)