Joy Global completes acquisition of LeTourneau
Published: July 5,2011
VICKSBURG — Joy Global’s acquisition of LeTourneau Technologies is completed and officials say plans are being developed for the Vicksburg operation.
Joy Global spokesman Mark Sanders tells the Vicksburg Post that the company expects to grow business in Vicksburg.
Sanders says it is less certain whether the yard will continue to build rigs. He says the employees will manufacture rig kits as well as handle work from Joy Global’s mining factories.
Sanders says Joy Global expects the work force to stabilize at about 250 people once a current manufacturing order is complete.
LeTourneau Technologies, headquartered in Houston, Texas, designs, builds and supports equipment for the mining, forestry and oil and gas drilling industries.
Joy Global, located in Milwaukee, Wis., is a major provider and servicer of equipment for surface and underground mining.
Source: Vicksburg Post
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- 3 dozen groups OK'd for Miss. specialty car tags
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release