Deadline nearing for flood disaster assistance
by For the MBJ
Published: July 7,2011
WEST MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency is urging Mississippi flood disaster victims to register for disaster assistance. The last day for registration is July 11.
Eligible homeowners, renters and businesses who suffered losses in the flooding between May 3 and June 17 and who live in the 14 designated counties may be eligible for housing assistance grants that include funds to rent a place to live while rebuilding; to make minor home repairs to make a home safe, sanitary and functional; and, replace essential household items not covered by insurance.
The 14 designated counties are Adams, Bolivar, Claiborne, Coahoma, DeSoto, Humphreys, Issaquena, Jefferson, Sharkey, Tunica, Warren, Washington, Wilkinson and Yazoo.
To register, find out the status of your application, resolve problems or appeal a decision, call FEMA at 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or TTY 1-800-462-7585. Help is available in all languages. FEMA also offers online registration at www.disasterassistance.gov.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout