Deadline nearing for flood disaster assistance
by For the MBJ
Published: July 7,2011
WEST MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency is urging Mississippi flood disaster victims to register for disaster assistance. The last day for registration is July 11.
Eligible homeowners, renters and businesses who suffered losses in the flooding between May 3 and June 17 and who live in the 14 designated counties may be eligible for housing assistance grants that include funds to rent a place to live while rebuilding; to make minor home repairs to make a home safe, sanitary and functional; and, replace essential household items not covered by insurance.
The 14 designated counties are Adams, Bolivar, Claiborne, Coahoma, DeSoto, Humphreys, Issaquena, Jefferson, Sharkey, Tunica, Warren, Washington, Wilkinson and Yazoo.
To register, find out the status of your application, resolve problems or appeal a decision, call FEMA at 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or TTY 1-800-462-7585. Help is available in all languages. FEMA also offers online registration at www.disasterassistance.gov.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data