Deadline nearing for flood disaster assistance
by For the MBJ
Published: July 7,2011
WEST MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency is urging Mississippi flood disaster victims to register for disaster assistance. The last day for registration is July 11.
Eligible homeowners, renters and businesses who suffered losses in the flooding between May 3 and June 17 and who live in the 14 designated counties may be eligible for housing assistance grants that include funds to rent a place to live while rebuilding; to make minor home repairs to make a home safe, sanitary and functional; and, replace essential household items not covered by insurance.
The 14 designated counties are Adams, Bolivar, Claiborne, Coahoma, DeSoto, Humphreys, Issaquena, Jefferson, Sharkey, Tunica, Warren, Washington, Wilkinson and Yazoo.
To register, find out the status of your application, resolve problems or appeal a decision, call FEMA at 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or TTY 1-800-462-7585. Help is available in all languages. FEMA also offers online registration at www.disasterassistance.gov.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion