Deadline nearing for flood disaster assistance
by For the MBJ
Published: July 7,2011
WEST MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency is urging Mississippi flood disaster victims to register for disaster assistance. The last day for registration is July 11.
Eligible homeowners, renters and businesses who suffered losses in the flooding between May 3 and June 17 and who live in the 14 designated counties may be eligible for housing assistance grants that include funds to rent a place to live while rebuilding; to make minor home repairs to make a home safe, sanitary and functional; and, replace essential household items not covered by insurance.
The 14 designated counties are Adams, Bolivar, Claiborne, Coahoma, DeSoto, Humphreys, Issaquena, Jefferson, Sharkey, Tunica, Warren, Washington, Wilkinson and Yazoo.
To register, find out the status of your application, resolve problems or appeal a decision, call FEMA at 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or TTY 1-800-462-7585. Help is available in all languages. FEMA also offers online registration at www.disasterassistance.gov.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university