Deadline nearing for flood disaster assistance
by For the MBJ
Published: July 7,2011
WEST MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency is urging Mississippi flood disaster victims to register for disaster assistance. The last day for registration is July 11.
Eligible homeowners, renters and businesses who suffered losses in the flooding between May 3 and June 17 and who live in the 14 designated counties may be eligible for housing assistance grants that include funds to rent a place to live while rebuilding; to make minor home repairs to make a home safe, sanitary and functional; and, replace essential household items not covered by insurance.
The 14 designated counties are Adams, Bolivar, Claiborne, Coahoma, DeSoto, Humphreys, Issaquena, Jefferson, Sharkey, Tunica, Warren, Washington, Wilkinson and Yazoo.
To register, find out the status of your application, resolve problems or appeal a decision, call FEMA at 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or TTY 1-800-462-7585. Help is available in all languages. FEMA also offers online registration at www.disasterassistance.gov.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Appeals panel rules against town in race discrimination case
- Entrepreneurs want ordinance change to add micro-brewery