Parched Coast county extends burn ban
HARRISON COUNTY — Harrison County has extended its burn ban until Aug. 1.
Fire Chief Pat Sullivan said yesterday the burn ban is in place because of the extremely dry conditions that exist throughout South Mississippi and the potential for fires.
Randy Wilson, coastal fire coordinator for the Mississippi Forestry Commission, tells The Sun Herald the three coastal counties each would need about four inches of rain before the ban could be lifted.
Source: Sun Herald
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county