Parched Coast county extends burn ban
HARRISON COUNTY — Harrison County has extended its burn ban until Aug. 1.
Fire Chief Pat Sullivan said yesterday the burn ban is in place because of the extremely dry conditions that exist throughout South Mississippi and the potential for fires.
Randy Wilson, coastal fire coordinator for the Mississippi Forestry Commission, tells The Sun Herald the three coastal counties each would need about four inches of rain before the ban could be lifted.
Source: Sun Herald
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Brandon biometrics firm merges fingerprinting and smartphones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- Woman pleads not guilty to murder in second buttocks-enhancement case
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions