Report: State tops for oil and gas investments
JACKSON — Mississippi has been named the top site for oil and gas investment in the world by Canadian researchers, according to the Governor’s Office.
The Global Petroleum Survey 2011 by the Fraser Institute gave Mississippi high marks for several features, including business and regulatory environments.
The ranking recognized the state’s success in developing new energy projects including KiOR Inc. and Gulf LNG as well as the improvement and expansion of facilities and pipelines such as Denbury Resources Inc. and Chevron’s $1-billion investment.
“We believe companies considering Mississippi as a location will not only ask about energy, ‘What does it cost?’ We believe they will ask, ‘How can we get it?’” Gov. Haley Barbour said. “So, we are working to be seen as a reliable energy state with an abundance of affordable, American energy of all types.”
Source: Governor’s Office
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip