Report: State tops for oil and gas investments
JACKSON — Mississippi has been named the top site for oil and gas investment in the world by Canadian researchers, according to the Governor’s Office.
The Global Petroleum Survey 2011 by the Fraser Institute gave Mississippi high marks for several features, including business and regulatory environments.
The ranking recognized the state’s success in developing new energy projects including KiOR Inc. and Gulf LNG as well as the improvement and expansion of facilities and pipelines such as Denbury Resources Inc. and Chevron’s $1-billion investment.
“We believe companies considering Mississippi as a location will not only ask about energy, ‘What does it cost?’ We believe they will ask, ‘How can we get it?'” Gov. Haley Barbour said. “So, we are working to be seen as a reliable energy state with an abundance of affordable, American energy of all types.”
Source: Governor’s Office
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast