Report: State tops for oil and gas investments
JACKSON — Mississippi has been named the top site for oil and gas investment in the world by Canadian researchers, according to the Governor’s Office.
The Global Petroleum Survey 2011 by the Fraser Institute gave Mississippi high marks for several features, including business and regulatory environments.
The ranking recognized the state’s success in developing new energy projects including KiOR Inc. and Gulf LNG as well as the improvement and expansion of facilities and pipelines such as Denbury Resources Inc. and Chevron’s $1-billion investment.
“We believe companies considering Mississippi as a location will not only ask about energy, ‘What does it cost?’ We believe they will ask, ‘How can we get it?’” Gov. Haley Barbour said. “So, we are working to be seen as a reliable energy state with an abundance of affordable, American energy of all types.”
Source: Governor’s Office
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Appeals panel rules against town in race discrimination case
- Entrepreneurs want ordinance change to add micro-brewery