Sales tax holiday returning for third time
Published: July 8,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s sales tax holiday returns for the third year on the weekend of July 29-30, in time for back-to-school shopping.
For 48 hours, between 12:01 a.m. Friday, July 29 and midnight Saturday, July 31, stores won’t collect the 7 percent sales tax on eligible items.
The list remains the same as last year — basically clothing and shoes that cost less than $100 each. The Tax Commission says the entire 7 percent tax will be collected on a pair of shoes or item of clothing priced over $100.
Jewelry, watches, sports equipment, computers or school supplies are not included.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Sales tax holiday returning for third time”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus