Sales tax holiday returning for third time
by Associated Press
Published: July 8,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s sales tax holiday returns for the third year on the weekend of July 29-30, in time for back-to-school shopping.
For 48 hours, between 12:01 a.m. Friday, July 29 and midnight Saturday, July 31, stores won’t collect the 7 percent sales tax on eligible items.
The list remains the same as last year — basically clothing and shoes that cost less than $100 each. The Tax Commission says the entire 7 percent tax will be collected on a pair of shoes or item of clothing priced over $100.
Jewelry, watches, sports equipment, computers or school supplies are not included.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Sales tax holiday returning for third time”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- MSU's Gilbert named finalist for Austin Peay presidency
- Communities vie for TVA sustainability designation
- American HealthTech passes Medicare tests
- First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota's line