Sales tax holiday returning for third time
Published: July 8,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s sales tax holiday returns for the third year on the weekend of July 29-30, in time for back-to-school shopping.
For 48 hours, between 12:01 a.m. Friday, July 29 and midnight Saturday, July 31, stores won’t collect the 7 percent sales tax on eligible items.
The list remains the same as last year — basically clothing and shoes that cost less than $100 each. The Tax Commission says the entire 7 percent tax will be collected on a pair of shoes or item of clothing priced over $100.
Jewelry, watches, sports equipment, computers or school supplies are not included.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Sales tax holiday returning for third time”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point