Sales tax holiday returning for third time
Published: July 8,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s sales tax holiday returns for the third year on the weekend of July 29-30, in time for back-to-school shopping.
For 48 hours, between 12:01 a.m. Friday, July 29 and midnight Saturday, July 31, stores won’t collect the 7 percent sales tax on eligible items.
The list remains the same as last year — basically clothing and shoes that cost less than $100 each. The Tax Commission says the entire 7 percent tax will be collected on a pair of shoes or item of clothing priced over $100.
Jewelry, watches, sports equipment, computers or school supplies are not included.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Sales tax holiday returning for third time”
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years