Sales tax holiday returning for third time
Published: July 8,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s sales tax holiday returns for the third year on the weekend of July 29-30, in time for back-to-school shopping.
For 48 hours, between 12:01 a.m. Friday, July 29 and midnight Saturday, July 31, stores won’t collect the 7 percent sales tax on eligible items.
The list remains the same as last year — basically clothing and shoes that cost less than $100 each. The Tax Commission says the entire 7 percent tax will be collected on a pair of shoes or item of clothing priced over $100.
Jewelry, watches, sports equipment, computers or school supplies are not included.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Sales tax holiday returning for third time”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring