Architects named to board
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 10,2011
Gov. Haley Barbour has appointed two members to the Mississippi State Board of Architecture, David J. Hardy of Gulfport, and Michael Boerner of Jackson. Hardy, AIA, was appointed for a term to expire May 31, 2016. A Mississippi Gulf Coast native, Hardy is the COO for Eley Guild Hardy Architects.
Hardy received his architecture degree from Mississippi State University in 1990 and began his career with Guild and Grace Architects in 1992, ultimately forming Guild Hardy Architects in 1995. In 2007, the firm merged with Eley Associates of Jackson to create Eley Guild Hardy Architects.
Hardy’s past service to his community and profession include serving as president of AIA Mississippi, president of Rotary Club of Biloxi and president of Biloxi Main Street.
Boerner, AIA, LEED, AP, will complete the term left vacant by the death of former member Michael Barranco. Boerner’s term will expire May 31, 2013.
Originally from Brookhaven, Boerner is a principal at Wier+Boerner in Jackson. He holds a bachelor of architecture from Mississippi State University as well as a bachelor of science in business administration and a minor in art from Millsaps College.
He is believed to be the youngest member in the board’s history.
Boerner has architectural experience working for firms in Dallas, Birmingham, New Orleans and Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders