Are we losing the ‘Weed War?’
Published: July 10,2011
The state has just lost an important weapon in its all-out war against cogongrass, which poses a threat to the economy, environment and even public safety.
The loss of a federal assistance program could not have come at a worse time, and now some experts believe the non-native, invasive weed is winning the nearly century-old battle.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow