Are we losing the ‘Weed War?’
Published: July 10,2011
The state has just lost an important weapon in its all-out war against cogongrass, which poses a threat to the economy, environment and even public safety.
The loss of a federal assistance program could not have come at a worse time, and now some experts believe the non-native, invasive weed is winning the nearly century-old battle.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image