Are we losing the ‘Weed War?’
by Wally Northway
Published: July 10,2011
The state has just lost an important weapon in its all-out war against cogongrass, which poses a threat to the economy, environment and even public safety.
The loss of a federal assistance program could not have come at a worse time, and now some experts believe the non-native, invasive weed is winning the nearly century-old battle.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey