Olive branch approach replaces boxing gloves
Published: July 10,2011
Skeleton crews from the city councils of Biloxi and Gulfport have met in the first of what they hope is a series of meetings designed to resolve a longstanding dispute over which city has the right to annex property in the vicinity of Highway 605.
The property ostensibly will be the site of a residential development, and was set to be taken in by Gulfport until a Harrison County chancellor on June 22 threw out the city’s…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment