Olive branch approach replaces boxing gloves
by Clay Chandler
Published: July 10,2011
Skeleton crews from the city councils of Biloxi and Gulfport have met in the first of what they hope is a series of meetings designed to resolve a longstanding dispute over which city has the right to annex property in the vicinity of Highway 605.
The property ostensibly will be the site of a residential development, and was set to be taken in by Gulfport until a Harrison County chancellor on June 22 threw out the city’s…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Nullification and interposition
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections
- City, state to hold second sale of tax-forfeited property