PRCC adds directors
Dr. Arlene Jones has been named director of nursing education and Gwen Smith has been appointed director of career and technical education at Pearl River Community College. Jones has taught nursing courses at PRCC since 2006, and Smith has been the college’s Tech Prep Coordinator since 2007.
Jones holds a bachelor’s degree in nursing from Southeastern Louisiana University and a master’s degree in nursing as a neonatal nurse practitioner from the University of Tennessee. She received a doctorate in nurse practice with a focus on education in May from Samford University in Birmingham, Ala.
She has worked as a nurse at Southern Baptist Hospital in New Orleans and as a neonatal nurse practitioner at Lakeside Hospital in Metairie and at Northshore Regional Medical Center in Slidell, La. Jones taught at William Carey University in New Orleans before coming to PRCC.
Jones succeeds Peggy Dease, who retired after 34 years at PRCC.
Smith came to PRCC as tech prep coordinator. She attended Mississippi Delta Community College and earned bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Mississippi State University. She taught vocational agriculture at Hancock High School for four years and worked in adult education for both the Mississippi Soil and Water Conservation Commission and the MSU Extension Service.
Smith succeeds Don Welsh, who retired after 38 years at PRCC.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds